Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Range Etiquette Question

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Range Etiquette Question

I'm certainly not new to firearms or shooting but this has happened twice at the range recently so I figured I would seek input.

The range is an outdoor range with no dividers between shooting positions.

I reload, so when I can, I use a brass catcher so I don't lose brass. There are rifles and pistols that aren't set up well to use a brass catcher and in my observation, I am one of the few who actually uses a brass catcher most of the time.

In both instances the range was pretty much full, so it wasn't like I rolled into an empty range and chose a position right next to someone for the hell of it. I generally like to keep as much distance as possible.

In this scenario, twice, I've had two different people bitch at me about getting hit with brass. Most recently it was some yahoo shooting a Ruger SR308 at the fifty yard range. I was shooting my 10/22 and he was maybe getting hit with 1/10 as best as I could determine. He actually walked off in a huff after telling me he was getting hit with brass and I responded "good thing it isn't .308 or it might hurt."

Am I wrong to expect to get hit by brass at a range like this and these people are just @ssholes? Or am I not supposed to shoot out of fear they might take some brass hits?

Your input is welcome, either way.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 09-27-15 at 18:54.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If you are spraying your neighbors with brass, move. Period. End of story.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Flying brass is something that happens when shooting firearms. I guess it would be one thing if you were intentionally try to rain brass on someone, but if you were going out of your way to catch the brass, your range neighbor was just being a cry baby. Period. End of story.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    No point pissing other shooters off. Why not apologize and offer to swap lanes with the other guy so your brass isn't bouncing off his head?

I can't imagine that being hit with empty cases is conducive to concentration and accurate shooting.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Range Etiquette Question

The range is full, moving is not an option.

Even if moving was an option, what sense does it make to move and spray someone else?
    Last edited by HKGuns; 09-27-15 at 13:34.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    You are saying there is no physical way for you to adjust your rifle so that the guy next to you is not getting hit with brass?

Sorry, bro, I don't believe it. I just think you are butt hurt by being called out for brass hitting your neighbor.
    Last edited by ShooterM4; 09-27-15 at 13:42.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Range Etiquette Question

Shooting from a seated bagged position is all that is allowed at this range. So it isn't like I can go prone.

Douche huh? That's fine, I'll just go full retard next time I am there getting hit with brass.

"Where not wear" btw.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 09-27-15 at 13:41.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    He's being a pussy. You already stated it was a full range and that there's no dividers. It's not at all your fault. Semi auto's self eject. Kinda what there supposed to do.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShooterM4 View Post
    If you are spraying your neighbors with brass, move. Period. End of story.
    It's pretty clear you can't read or spell, so thanks for your most valuable input.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    So, you are saying when you go shooting your 22LR plinker you want everyone near you to accept the fact that you are spraying brass on to them and they should not complain or comment but just put up with it.

And you wanted to post this here so we would all say, "Oh, yes, everyone else is being a jerk. They should not say a word about you ejecting brass into their face and on to them."

OK, got it now.
    Last edited by ShooterM4; 09-27-15 at 13:50.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast