Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Range Etiquette Question

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I've rigged case deflectors with a rag before. They drop straight down. Spraying people with brass isn't cool. Full range or not.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks for all the feedback, interesting comments from some and at least one potential solution from at least one person.

- It appears I'm far too laid back about being hit by brass at an open range.
    - It appears my laid back approach may have skewed my perspective on how I thought others should react to a few brass hits.
    - Some of you appear downright militant about it, which is a bit surprising, but pretty much consistent with the self centered, aggressive attitude I've run into from some at this range.

I find it amusing and tend to think its not really necessary. But again, I'm pretty laid back about stuff someone can't necessarily control and isn't doing intentionally.

I think we're done here.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    You whined. You got opinions. Deal with it dude.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShooterM4 View Post
    You whined. You got opinions. Deal with it dude.
    You got hit with brass. Sorry. Deal with it dude. See how that works...

Feedback Score
    In my mind, that's the range's problem. If the guy doesn't like being hit with brass, then he needs to find a range with dividers or not come when the place is full. Anytime you have a full packed range with no dividers you know you're running the risk of getting hit with the occasional piece of brass.

BTW, being hit with a little piece of brass is the least of my worries at my local range. I'm just happy when I can go downrange to set my target without some yahoo handling a loaded gun while I'm down there. So I tend to be pretty tolerant as long as I'm reasonably certain you're not going to accidentally shoot me in the ass.
    Last edited by HansTheHobbit; 09-27-15 at 18:52.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    D
    Quote Originally Posted by HansTheHobbit View Post
    In my mind, that's the range's problem.
    Instead of blaming someone else, why not be part of the solution? If you know your gun is a brass launcher, bring a homemade divider. It will even make it easier to pickup your own brass. Sad when gun owners seem to not care about other gun owners experience, and only their own

Feedback Score
    I don't care too much about getting hit with brass myself, but I get that some people do, and when I'm slow firing groups I really prefer not to. I have been superficially burned by it (not 22lr). I usually ask if it's hitting them if I'm unsure, shows concern, and lets me know if it bothers them before they're pissed about it.

From a bench I stand my bag in its path, or clamping or tacking some cardboard can do a lot of good. Benefits them and me, less chasing brass.
    Last edited by Beef15; 09-27-15 at 19:09.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    You got hit with brass. Sorry. Deal with it dude. See how that works...
    I didn't get hit with brass. I'm not stupid enough to expect to go to a gun range and fling brass on the guy next to me and not get chewed out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    D

Instead of blaming someone else, why not be part of the solution? If you know your gun is a brass launcher, bring a homemade divider. It will even make it easier to pickup your own brass. Sad when gun owners seem to not care about other gun owners experience, and only their own
    It's also sad when ranges don't give enough of a shit about their customers to put a piece of freaking plywood between them if they're going to pack everyone in like sardines. I'm sorry, but I'm just getting really tired of the way some of these ranges operate. What needs to happen here is if you get hit by brass, complain to the range, not the guy next to you. He paid to be there just like you did, and it's no secret that guns throw brass around in every direction.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    If we can't behave like normal people without attacking people, we'll shut this down.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast