Thread: A question about KAC gas hole size differences

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

A question about KAC gas hole size differences

I have two SR-15's, a mod 0 and a mod 1. My mod 1 is severely overgassed and malfs 100% when suppressed, whereas my mod 1 is perfect in all ways (ranging from 223 unsuppressed to 556 suppressed). KAC acknowledges the differences in manufacturing dates means that the gas hole size has changed.

Can anyone tell me the gas hole diameter of the early rifles so I don't have to disassemble the gas system on my early rifle. I plan on getting a MicroMOA gas block that the user can have drilled to spec.

Thank you in advance!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would think you'd need the Mod 1 gas port size, to order the Micro MOA block.

Feedback Score
    Call KAC, tell them your issue, and ask your question. They may have a better solution than the path you're choosing. You could also go over to TOS (PM me if you don't know what I'm talking about) and in the Industry Section you will find a KAC subsection, which is very active with KAC employees, certified armorers, and members with enormous amounts of knowledge.

Knight's Armament Company
    701 Columbia Blvd
    Titusville, FL 32780

321-607-9900

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)

A question about KAC gas hole size differences

Quote Originally Posted by straitR View Post
    Call KAC, tell them your issue, and ask your question. They may have a better solution than the path you're choosing. You could also go over to TOS (PM me if you don't know what I'm talking about) and in the Industry Section you will find a KAC subsection, which is very active with KAC employees, certified armorers, and members with enormous amounts of knowledge.

701 Columbia Blvd
    Titusville, FL 32780

321-607-9900
    We have the same sub forum here as well and the guys participate frequently on this site.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I'm out of the office until Tuesday, but you can hit me up.

From Tapatalk:
    Jack Leuba
    Knight's Armament Company: Military/Govt Product Liaison
    F2S Consulting: Director of Shooting Stuff
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by steyrman13 View Post
    We have the same sub forum here as well and the guys participate frequently on this site.
    Jack, you know I love you, well if you didn't, now you do, but there's no comparison between the activity level of the two sub forums.

M4C KAC forum: 168 threads, 1,274 responses
    TOS KAC forum: 2,773 threads, 44,393 responses

While I rarely visit the general areas of TOS, I cruise the KAC sub forum often. I wish that activity would migrate over here, I really do.

Anyway, glad you're able to square the OP away. Thanks.