Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Need extended rail options for a 6920

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Yes indeed, I have a MM mount on one of my rifles with an MOE hand guard, I use my sling in the standard front sling swivel to help protect my hand from the front sight. Replacing that old MOE handguard with a new SL is on my "to do list"

Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Pics with the new Magpul SL MLOK rail. Makes the MM much more user friendly.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I don't know how the barrel could be trashed unless you tried to tear it up. A guy with the right tools should be able to R&R a FSB in 15-20 minutes. The guys complaining about how hard it is are using a block of wood, claw hammer and a nail set working off of their kitchen table. Where are you located? I am sure there is someone near you that would take care of the job.
    That's funny as hell but so true. Removing the FSB and installing a low profile gas block is really quite simple. You literally have to be swinging a claw hammer like a gorilla to mess the barrel up. Just get a good set of punches, blocks and a good torque wrench. I love the FSB on my Colts personally because they are rock solid and prefer the DD RIS II rail system for them. It's really easy and there are a number of good vids on YouTube detailing the removal and install. Here is my most recent 6920 with the DD RIS. Good luck!

Feedback Score
    Wow, that DD piece is spendy ... $445!!! Is it that good or are they that proud?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemi45 View Post
    Wow, that DD piece is spendy ... $445!!! Is it that good or are they that proud?
    Brownels had a sale a while back on them for $199 and I picked up a few. Not sure where you saw it for that price but that is full retail I'm sure. You can pick them up on the EE from time to time for half that. As far as the quality, yes they are that good. They are very solid and well built rails.
    Last edited by svtpwnz; 10-27-15 at 10:07.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemi45 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by svtpwnz View Post
    Brownels had a sale a while back on them for $199 and I picked up a few. Not sure where you saw it for that price but that is full retail I'm sure. You can pick them up on the EE from time to time for half that. As far as the quality, yes they are that good. They are very solid and well built rails.
    Great rail. I got mine here on the EE for $250. I'm pretty sure there are some for sale now.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm currently in the process of upgrading my brother's BNIB Colt 6920. I am installing BCM's new KMR-A to replace the standard handguard setup. I wanted to chop the front sight base in order to give him the proven reliability of the pinned GB.

The front sight removal went without a hitch simply because I used the right tools for the job. Brownells sells everything you need to get it done in 15 minutes.

This punch is specifically tapered for the pins to prevent them from slipping.

http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-to...prod26485.aspx

This bench block supports the front sight/gas block/barrel so that you can knock out the pins. It also properly directs you in which way to take out and install the pins.

http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-to...prod20727.aspx

With the receiver wrapped up to keep it from getting scratched, I placed everything on the garage floor to give good support for the bench block . Using a 16oz hammer I had the pins out in no more than 5 minutes. This was the part of the "job" I stressed out the most over and it went without a hitch. I was taught to strike the punch solidly, not tap in order to get the pins to move.

I used a Smith Armorers tool in combination with a breaker bar to remove the barrel nut, also without issue. The KMR comes with it's own barrel nut installation tool, so I won't need the Smith A/T for the install. I would also recommend using a good quality torque wrench to install your new barrel nut for what ever rail you plan on installing.

http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-to...prod24190.aspx

This stuff is not rocket science provided you use the proper tools and patience.
    Last edited by Slvr Surfr; 11-01-15 at 15:44. Reason: spelling
    Life's a risk, enjoy the adventure - HOPLOETHOS

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I put the centurion C4 cutout rail on my 6920 and love it.
    Check it out:
    http://www.centurionarms.com/product-p/0609-cc.htm

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234