Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Danner Fort Lewis boots?

Feedback Score

Danner Fort Lewis boots?

I'm thinking about getting some new boots for hunting, and general use out and about in the woods and countryside, and have spotted a pair of Danner Fort Lewis boots for a decent price on a local buy and sell site.

Has anyone here got any experience with these boots?

Feedback Score
    I own several pairs of Danner boots and they are my favorite. Extremely well made and very comfortable. I would say go for it!

P.S. The Ft Lewis boots are made in the US (Portland, OR). Unfortunately Danny years ago moved a lot of their production to China. However the lines they sell to the US Govt are still US made and Berry Complaint.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the reply. Sounds like just what I'm looking for.

Feedback Score
    Never owned a pair of the Ft. Lewis, but I wear Acadia's at work and love them. Won't buy anything but. Some think they are too expensive at almost $300, but considering I get about 4 years per pair before they are done for, it isn't so bad. I could probably get longer if I would actually get them repaired/resoled instead of just continuing to wear them. Regardless, the guys I work with go through a pair about every 6 months at about $100 per pair. They spend about $800 over the course of 4 years versus my $275.

The Acadia's are heavy, hot and the lack of zippers is a pain to some extent. But they are well made, tough, decently comfortable and most of all....actually waterproof. As long the water isn't over the top of the boot...it keeps the water out. Being made in the U.S. is good too.
    Last edited by Etho; 09-28-15 at 13:07.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Danners are GTG. They can also be resoled/ recrafted. The only knock I have on mine is the weight, if you are doing activities where the weight can become an issue, lighter boots are better. Other than that I love my Danners.
    SF

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Had them in the 80s, my DI turned me onto them at boot camp...they are heavy, but i had them re-soled twice...tough for sure!
    "I would rather be the hammer than the anvil."- Rommel

Owner: Hangar 18 Custom Coatings

Feedback Score
    I have a pair of Recons (all-leather Acadias) and yes, they do get warm and are heavy compared to what's on the market right now. But they will outlast all those other boots with glued-on soles and can be resoled, too.

These aren't my first choice to take out, but if I'm expecting to encounter wet environments, I would grab these.
    If plan A didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Danners run slightly thinner in width than most other footwear.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation."
    Ronald Wilson Reagan

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The Ft. Lewis Danners are 10 inches in height so in my world they offer more protection from snakes. They are gtg.

Feedback Score
    I wear them at work two weeks out of each month while in DI uniform. They are heavy as hell but just as tough. I'd rather have something lighter and more comfortable. I've used Matterhorn boots for hunting in the past, lower in height, but still heavy to me. I wear nothing but light weight snake boots during hunting year round for that sneaker feel and am pleased with my choice. Why wear the extra weight when you don't have to?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast