Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: M4/CQBR Clone, too soon to be retro?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What I have together so far....

Chopped carry handle may or may not go on this build depending on the direction it goes...

Feedback Score
    I knew when you first posted this thread and said "you got a cheap Colt" lower this was going to be the case. There is no such thing as a cheap stripped Colt lower, and that comes from someone who has bought four of them personally. Those "Competition" lowers are not produced by Colt, they licensed copies by a 3rd party company. Flip it over and I bet it has another company name from either Texas or Oregon engraved on the other side. That is who Colt licensed to make these "Competition" rifles which are just garbage, horrible quality. There has been a huge quantity of these flooded on the market lately. My guess is they have given up on making the copies and dumping all inventory on hand. Too many people thought they were real Colt parts/rifles, it was VERY misleading.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I actually have three of these lowers and two are registered SBR's. I have not found one issue with them. Maybe if you can post exactly what is out of spec with them I will have my machinist confirm and post here. Otherwise let's keep the brand bashing to a minimum and the thread on topic. Anyone who thinks these are real Colt rifles simply haven't found Google yet.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post

Even the A2 has still not been recognized as being vintage/retro by many in the retro community.
    The reason why the A2 isn't a Vintage rifle yet is because you can still buy one brand new unlike the SP1 and other discontinued AR's. Also my feelings for the A2 is more of a hateful relationship because of my ownership of a Colt Delta Elite Sporter II MSR which was a POS back in '87 when I bought it. I feel like the A2 and all of its features were shoved down my throat. The A2 compensator was the worst thing ever about the gun aside from the hand guards, stock, and pistol grip. OP just build a GOV contract rifle like a defense force contacted gun. Clides Armory is selling some right now. Just to give you a good idea.
    "Guns are tools; people are the real weapons!"
    - Anonymous
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
    - Albert Einstein
    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassIIIGunsmith View Post
    OP just build a GOV contract rifle like a defense force contacted gun. Clides Armory is selling some right now. Just to give you a good idea.
    I honestly have no idea what this has to do with a M4/CQBR clone

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by albatrossarmament View Post
    I honestly have no idea what this has to do with a M4/CQBR clone
    He said a cheap build option. I gave one.
    "Guns are tools; people are the real weapons!"
    - Anonymous
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
    - Albert Einstein
    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassIIIGunsmith View Post
    He said a cheap build option. I gave one.
    Who did? I am the OP and I certainly didn't. Anyone who thinks a M4/CQBR will be a cheap build option is living in a fantasy world.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by albatrossarmament View Post
    Anyone who thinks a M4/CQBR will be a cheap build option is living in a fantasy world.
    This. Nothing cheap about doing clone builds.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony.L View Post
    This. Nothing cheap about doing clone builds.
    Amen to that. I have nearly $3800 into my Mk12 Mod 0 clone. Probably close to $2100 in my Mk18 clone. Even my retro clones range between $800-$1500 depending on the clone and how correct it is. To build a correct clone, or even one that is really close to all correct, it will cost you some good money, not to mention the time to research and gather the correct parts.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    Amen to that. I have nearly $3800 into my Mk12 Mod 0 clone. Probably close to $2100 in my Mk18 clone. Even my retro clones range between $800-$1500 depending on the clone and how correct it is. To build a correct clone, or even one that is really close to all correct, it will cost you some good money, not to mention the time to research and gather the correct parts.
    Right there with you. I have a completed 100% authentic Colt M4A1 Block 1 which was not cheap. I have everything to build a completely authentic clone Colt MK18 MOD 0 waiting to assemble. And I have about 70% of the parts for a Colt MK12 MOD 0 build. Then I also have a HK 416 clone build going with all the parts, just need the barrel work done. After all of those are done I'm taking a break from the clone world for a while!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast