Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3-GunGear shell carrier opinions???

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

3-GunGear shell carrier opinions???

Gents,

Anyone here have experience with the "3 GunGear" side saddle shell carriers? More specifically, are they up to the task on a duty shotgun? I will be mounting it on a Benelli M1 S90 so I would like to keep things as light as possible. Im assuming since they appear to be made from elastic material that they are lighter than the TacStar plastic side saddles.

If they are up to the task, where might I find them for sale other than directly from the manufacturer?

Here is a link to the 3 GunGear website: http://www.3gungear.com/Pages/42_sg_side_saddle.html

Feedback Score
    Good choice. Probably the best side saddle shell carrier available. Remington contracted with them for use on their Competition Master shotgun. Order thru. their website although delivery times can be spotty.

Feedback Score
    3-gungear makes the best shot shell holders, end of story. However, if you ever get one is another story. I placed an order 3 months in advance of when I would need them and they never showed. I was told two days, two days, two days, two days, one week, one week, two weeks, and poof...nothing. A friend in AZ was even kind enough to drop by their store and provide motivation for them and still nothing ever showed up. I was never charged for the product and it never shipped. I called ever couple of weeks and sent emails and only two emails in 3 months were returned, both of which were within one week of the three month mark.

I ended up calling tactical tailer...they delivered the next day as promised.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Nitrox,

So tactical tailor stocks the 3 GunGear shell carriers? Or their own version?

Feedback Score
    You might want to try Triangle Shooting Sports as he has the same side saddle as 3 Gun Gear but it has greater capacity (9 rnds). Ask for Benny and mention my name (Mig) and he'll treat you right.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdrak
    Nitrox,

So tactical tailor stocks the 3 GunGear shell carriers? Or their own version?
    I ended up ordering the shot shell panels from tactical tailer and not running the side saddle.

Feedback Score
    I hear that Mesa Tactical shotgun side saddles are one of the best as well. I have not tried them out for my self, but I have not heard a single person have a bad thing to say about them.

YMMV.

D

http://www.mesatactical.com/sc_index.php

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The Mesa shell carriers are top notch, I had one mounted on my M1 (drill&tap receiver) but I am looking for a shell carrier for a friend/co-workers Benelli M1 S90, and the Mesa design would require that he gets his M1's receiver drilled & tapped and he does not want to go that route. The 3-GunGear looks to be the best option for his needs. Now its just a matter of getting someone to answer the phone at 3-GunGear. I have called atleast twice a day, everyday since Monday and still no answer. They do take the time to change their voice message each day, and when they go out for lunch breaks though

Feedback Score

Learning everyday

Cool, I didn't know you had to drill and tap the receiver for mounting a mesa shell holder on an M1 S90. It's a good day when you learn something new.

I hope that 3Gun Gear gets back to you. Good luck!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911Gunner
    Cool, I didn't know you had to drill and tap the receiver for mounting a mesa shell holder on an M1 S90. It's a good day when you learn something new.

I hope that 3Gun Gear gets back to you. Good luck!
    The Mesa shell holder that I used on my M1 is designed for the Benelli M2. The M2 is essentially an upgraded M1, and one of the upgrades is the drilled/tapped receiver from the factory.

ETA: HOLY COW!!! I was able to get someone on the phone today from 3 GunGear! I was able to place my order, and I was told that it would ship out tomorrow. I will let you guys know how it goes and what I think of the product.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast