Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinion/pictures of Nightforce 1-4 reticles? (IHR vs. FC-3G)

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Thanks. I'm curious how the battery life compares with something like an Accupower.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
    If I was gonna use the DD fixed sight and X300 at 12:00 I'd get a tall LaRue mount.

The FC2 looks like it lights up pretty good. I use my FC3g at dusk quite a bit and I have to turn it all the way down to keep from over-powering the ambient light, but it doesn't get bright enough to use as a red dot. The few times I've used it investigate a bump in the night I didn't even turn on the illumination because it just doesn't help at close range with a light.
    Rifle has Magpul PRO, and M300C in a Magpul offset mount. Rifle pictured is not the one that will be used, it was just handy.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    Thanks. I'm curious how the battery life compares with something like an Accupower.
    The manual says "up to 720 hours". Who knows it's that's on the NV setting, or just a very low setting, or what?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    The manual says "up to 720 hours". Who knows it's that's on the NV setting, or just a very low setting, or what?
    Yeah that's about useless. My guess would be that that is calculated based on the lowest possible setting.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Good thing is that it uses the same battery as an Aimpoint Micro. And the illumination is not necessary for the scope to function.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Could it cause any harm to leave it on, max setting, and just time how long roughly until it dies?

I figure it's meant to be used AT LEAST for an hour or so at a time, and heat-soaked is heat-soaked, so...no harm to do a run-down test, right?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I am coming in here a little late but if you are on this forum you have probably seen the video on the ACSS reticle. If NF could get that into a 1x4 or 1x6 that was daylight visible than you would really have my attention.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    24 hour runtime profile using new Duracell CR2032, illumination set to "MAX".

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    24 hour runtime profile using new Duracell CR2032, illumination set to "MAX".
    Thanks for doing that.
    Steve

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    people are still buying 2nd focal plane optics? Odd

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast