Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me choose new Glock Sights

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Help me choose new Glock Sights

I recently found out from speaking to a Kimber rep why my Glock 32 shoots high. My rear sight is the wrong part for my particular pistol. I bought it from Lone Wolf Distributors almost three years ago. It never seemed to be much of a problem until I recently (this summer) started shooting better and at a little longer distances. Previously I only shot on an indoor range at 15 feet or so. I thought it was just me...

Now I know better.

$47.50 for a new Meprolight rear sight in yellow but at the correct height for my pistol. That is shipped.

Or, I could try out the new TruGlo TFO fiber optic/tritium sights or even something else.

I'd like to try something a little smoother and low profile but I'd also like adustable sights but might not know any better.

I've also had the idea in the past that a set of straight 8's would be better suited for me because I hate lining up the three dots. But recently I've read a little more on proper shooting techniques and it doesn't sound so hard or much like "extra work" once you get the fundamentals nailed...

Please school me on the subject and help me with my options.

This is a daily carry gun. I do enjoy taking it to the range and trying to hit targets at 25yds.

thanks,

Joe

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I have used a large majority of the sights avalible on the market today (trijicon, mepro, Aero-tech, Novak, XS Big Dot, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc)

I now run either Heinie Straight 8's or Heinie Slant Pro (same thing as the Straight 8's without the tritium inserts) on all but 1 of my Glocks and have been running the Heinie sights for the last 3+ years.

It comes down to personal preference, but for me the Heinie's provide clear sight picture that is easy to acquire under stress.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I currently have Mepro 3-dot tritiums on my G17. I like them, but I run into the rear dots drawing my eyes away from the front. On my next range trip I'm going to try some electrical tape across the rear sight to see if no rear dots would help. If that works out, I think I will try a set of the Warren Tactical sights from I-Shot with the tritium front and plain rear. I haven't had an opportunity to try the Heinie's so I can't comment on them.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    In the daytime, nothing is faster for me than the factory GLOCK sights.

For night sights I am interested in the Novak bar/dot sights. I like them in theory and bet that they would be pretty fast, but have not had a chance to shoot with them.

Feedback Score
    I like the Yost Bonitz for one handed manipulation.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What happens if I want to leave my front Meprolight in place because it's still big and bright and secure?

I'm concerned with the different manufacturers having different rear heights- that's how I got into this situation.

Jeff- I wouldn't mind running the slant pros. I'm thinking maybe just plain black rears will be just fine.

I will be installing the adjustable rear factory sight and using a sharpie to color in the white bar. Maybe I'll shoot it with the outline. We'll see how it goes from there.

Dave- I'm in the same boat. I like the "idea" of a rear bar and http://www.ptnightsights.com/ has a few to select from but it seems they sell in sets and I think or hope I will only need a rear.

SethB- one hand manipulation?

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Glock factory sights are aweful. The front post is too wide, the rear notch is too narrow. Slow to pick up. That's why Dave Sevigny used Heinie then switched to Scott Warren's sights then he made his own.

Link below to Warren and Sevigny sights.

http://www.ishot-inc.com/store2/prod...products_id=45

Feedback Score
    The factory, Meprolight and some of the other aftermarket sights allow you to use the sight to rack the gun one handed. Use your belt, boot, a table, console, anything you can think of.

Heinies make it more difficult, though not impossible.

On my 1911 with Heinies, I use the ejection port.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I never had any problems with using Heinie sights on my 1911s or Glock 19 to rack the slide.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Seth,

I just went through a firearms instructor in-service training and we had to perform a lot of 1 handed slide racking. I had no problems with the Heinie Slant Pros using my holster, belt, buckle, shoe heel, or barricade.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast