Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: input for 308 ar

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JC5188 View Post
    Of the three listed, LMT for sure.

Not a fan of the Ruger, and between the DD and the Lewis, LMT has a track record. That said, history would have me assume the DD will be a good rifle.

Sent from my iPhone
    The Daniel Defense DD5V1 looks very good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm11OTe1L5s
    The Revolution Will Not Be Televised ~ Gil Scott-Heron

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by armyerdoc View Post
    Nice looking setup - with those mods, how much extra $ did that run you (minus the optic/mags).
    I'll vouch for ArmaLite if you're adding it to the list. Overall, mine has been good as well. The only issue is the FCG pins like to walk, which is fairly easy to address.

Sent from my iPhone

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock30 View Post
    The Daniel Defense DD5V1 looks very good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm11OTe1L5s
    I have no doubt it will be. I have their Lite Rail on my Armalite. It is good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I've shot the LMT, Ruger, my old DPMS, as well as my current own Armalite.
    My impressions:
    LMT - heavy, but probably the best of the bunch. Accurate.
    Ruger - heavy. Very gassy. I was choking and tearing up after 2 or 3 shots. Wasn't able to evaluate accuracy.
    DPMS - surprisingly, not bad for a range gun. The new G2 models seem to be even lighter and made from better materials.
    Armalite - I like it, but I'm not under any illusions that it's a better gun than the LMT.

You really can't go wrong with the MWS. If you can swing the cash for a KAC, even better.
    The DD 308 is kind of an unknown. DD makes quality guns. However, it is a first gen release, so who knows. At least the LMT and KAC have gone through several/multiple iterations, generations, revisions, etc.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    I've shot the LMT, Ruger, my old DPMS, as well as my current own Armalite.
    My impressions:
    LMT - heavy, but probably the best of the bunch. Accurate.
    Ruger - heavy. Very gassy. I was choking and tearing up after 2 or 3 shots. Wasn't able to evaluate accuracy.
    DPMS - surprisingly, not bad for a range gun. The new G2 models seem to be even lighter and made from better materials.
    Armalite - I like it, but I'm not under any illusions that it's a better gun than the LMT.

You really can't go wrong with the MWS. If you can swing the cash for a KAC, even better.
    The DD 308 is kind of an unknown. DD makes quality guns. However, it is a first gen release, so who knows. At least the LMT and KAC have gone through several/multiple iterations, generations, revisions, etc.
    What he said...all of it.

Sent from my iPhone

Feedback Score
    spoke to a local dealer and he quoted $2700 out the door for the DD, i expected street price to fall around $2300. Leaning more towards the LMT with the slick rail if the price between the two is the same

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KUSA View Post
    My DPMS G2 Recon shoots sub MOA 5shots groups consistently. It's a darn nice 308 AR. The only thing you have to do to it is put an adjustable gas block on it as it comes over gassed.

Nice!
    Last edited by ad_infinitum; 10-11-15 at 11:57.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    if i had the coin to buy between the 3 id choose LMT or even a SCAR17. DD308 has yet to be released and truly reviewed even tho i dont doubt DD's quality as we all know how well the ar15's are.

Feedback Score
    For What It Is Worth - I owned a Ruger 7.62 and over 750 rounds or so, never had a single malfunction. It is OK on weight (if it isn't, do more PT). It was plenty accurate enough for "social" or hunting work.

I got rid of it after Ruger refused to stock spare/replacement parts at vendors, and when I contacted them, this is what I got:
    - We will not sell you parts
    - We will sell you a bolt complete and a buffer spring for $300

I built a PSA "AR-10" for $800. It does quite well (in spite of being a gas gun). Since I do not anticipate having a Wanat style target rich environment, then it should fully satisfy my needs.

The SR7.62 went in trade for a 18" M1A Scout with a Vortex 1X Spitfire. : )

YMMV

USMA84DAB
    USMA84DAB

Thunder Ranch, TX
    General Purpose Rifle
    Urban Rifle
    Defensive Handgun
    Team Tactics

Gunsight
    General Symposium (Pistol, Rifle, Carbine, Shotgun)

Suarez International
    Designated Marksman
    Special Pre-Deployment Course

Rifles Only
    Precision I & II

20 year retired O-3 Cavalryman from the US Army.

3-7 Cavalry - Scout PL and Troop XO
    3-3 ACR - S-4
    135MI BN - S-4
    HHC/2CAB-137IN - CDR
    35ID G-3 - OPS Planner
    CGSC Graduate

Feedback Score
    Just came across this online as well:https://armalite.com/shop/ar-10-tactical-16/
    armalite ar10 16" tactical rifle - didn't see the details listed on if the barrel is free floating or not. any thoughts??

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast