Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RMR not for me.

Feedback Score
    does Call of Duty count?

JK
    Using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    This is an issue. It can be solved tho.
    The red dot has to have a reference to find quickly.
    It really doesn't matter if your draw is "flat" or if you have lots of training.
    The dang thing is just hard to find.
    My glock has the rmr on a machined slide, with suppressor Co witnessed trijicon tritium sights. Awesome. The dot comes up very quickly and followup shot accuracy is stupid good.
    My AR has a pro. My cheek weld puts the dot instantly on target.
    My ruger 22/45 lite mark II pistol was challenging. I threw away the pica tinny rail and used a burris fastfire dovetail mount. The barrel was now the reference. With a sparrow suppressor, the whole thing lines up instantly and the red dot is right there.
    I had the same exact issues with reddots, but adapted each weapon' sight to some other reference and the problem went away. Red dots are pretty much unbeatable if you set up your guns right.
    It doesn't matter how good a shooter you are if there is no reference for finding the dot.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It takes practice. First time I used one in competition, my time was much slower than with iron sights. Once I mastered it, it was no contest, especially on splits.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I have one on an fnx-45 tac. Love it. Didn't take very long for me to get used to.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I have only got about 200 rounds through my RM07 on my G19 and I am already much faster with a RDS than irons. It works, but it takes practice.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    ^Exactly. There is a learning curve with an RDS on a handgun but once it's mastered, most people are faster. There is merit to it just like having one on a rifle but it's not for everyone.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Ive played with the RDS guns and had the same issues initially finding the dot. About 200 presentations from the holster and dry fire at the tv screen fixed it. Im really anxious to try it at a night shoot looking through a PVS14.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12