Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Preferred SBR FH

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Preferred SBR FH

In the pic section I see that a lot of SBRs (10-11.5") have the standard A2 FH. I can only guess that it's popular because it's the best combo of compactness and FH. I'm a little surprised because SBRs have a lot more flash (at least in my humble experience), even in the 10-11.5" range (as opposed to 7.5").

Is there a preferred FH for SBRs? Or does the A2 FH do the trick (best combo). I have heard that flash has more to do with the ammo shot (powder used) than the FH.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I think the reason you're seeing so many A2's on SBRs is because they're cheap and are what come standard on most uppers. I suppose for a very few, that extra little bit of length savings might be a consideration also, but I never really considered that before. The AAC Blackout, Vortex, and Phantoms are all more effective than the A2. Try a search for "blackout" as there were some threads recently that had comparison pictures showing the Blackout vs. Vortex vs. A2. Unfortunately you're right in that the ammo also plays a big part, and also the fact that the shorter barrels just have so much more flash, period.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I've never felt I needed anything more than an A2 on my 11.5" barrels. I do run one blackout, but that's only because I have it... so I might as well use it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have a 10.5-inch SBR. The FH I have used on it are as follows: KX3, A2, YHM QD Phantom FH, A2, and the YHM Phantom Comp/Brake QD (as soon as it comes in). And if I don't like that, it'll be back to the A2.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I couldn't believe the amount of flash reduction that an AAC Blackout had on my Noveske 12.5" indoors in low light. They aren't cheap, but tax stamps aren't cheap, either, and if your job makes your life depend on not lighting yourself up like a Christmas tree, then get something that works.

YHM Phantoms are supposed to be very good also, and about 1/3 the price.

Feedback Score
    The FSC works great for me on my 10.5
    been there eaten that

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss Hogg View Post
    I couldn't believe the amount of flash reduction that an AAC Blackout had on my Noveske 12.5" indoors in low light. They aren't cheap, but tax stamps aren't cheap, either, and if your job makes your life depend on not lighting yourself up like a Christmas tree, then get something that works.

YHM Phantoms are supposed to be very good also, and about 1/3 the price.

We have some non-silencer mount versions available for $59.95.
    http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=12798
    Sales for Advanced Armament Corp.
    (770)-925-9988

Feedback Score
    The Noveske KX3 works great on my 7.5" and looks good too.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I vote for my favorite, the Meyers 249F. It is in my opinion the best flash hider made, especially on short barrels.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm running the Surefire flash hider mount for my 556K suppressor, on my 10.5" LWRC. I have not had the chance to shoot the gun in total darkness, but at dusk it seems to do a pretty good job.

When BE Meyers comes out with their Surefire mount, I'll probally switch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast