Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele super precision....

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Those mounts were made for a high end .Mil customer. That means that the user was not happy with what was currently available on the market (and yes, they would have known about badger, etc).

So that is quite telling IMHO.

C4
    So was the massively clunky eotech magnifier mount offered through TNVC...doesn't mean it's good kit for anyone but who wrote the requirement/bid. When justifying something via .mil contract sourcing, ask yourself...who is it for? Why? Is that me?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    So was the massively clunky eotech magnifier mount offered through TNVC...doesn't mean it's good kit for anyone but who wrote the requirement/bid. When justifying something via .mil contract sourcing, ask yourself...who is it for? Why? Is that me?
    Could be (not up to speed on EOTech after market mounts). It is true that both Civies and LE need to evaluate their needs and then choose. In this instance, it appears that they wanted to add strength and remove weight. From a Civy POV, I cannot find fault with that for MY needs.

C4

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Could be (not up to speed on EOTech after market mounts). It is true that both Civies and LE need to evaluate their needs and then choose. In this instance, it appears that they wanted to add strength and remove weight. From a Civy POV, I cannot find fault with that for MY needs.

C4
    No, you can easily argue "It's strong enough for the contract, you won't likely kill it", for sure. I simply meant jumping on the "Well secret squirrel unit uses it, so it must be the best!"

Otherwise, these might sell more...

https://tnvc.com/shop/wilcox-flip-mo...nt-magnifiers/

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    No, you can easily argue "It's strong enough for the contract, you won't likely kill it", for sure. I simply meant jumping on the "Well secret squirrel unit uses it, so it must be the best!"

If it is the "unit" I think it is that bought these, then they know better than most everyone about precision shooting at distance. So that would tell me that they found a problem that they wanted corrected. Again, does that mean that I will do this mount any kind of justice? No probably not.

That EOTech flip mount looks fantastic (way more rugged than the factory stuff). So I can see why they would want it.

C4

Feedback Score

The Wilcox flip mount is awesome, if you haven't used one then I wouldn't knock it. It isn't cheap, after all it is from Wilcox, but it works very well. The skeetir version is pimp as well.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    If I recall, part of the design on the Super Precision Mount included a change in how the mount indexes to the rail and offers precise RTZ. The alloy used isn't the only unique feature, but it seems to be all folks want to discuss.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    If I recall, part of the design on the Super Precision Mount included a change in how the mount indexes to the rail and offers precise RTZ. The alloy used isn't the only unique feature, but it seems to be all folks want to discuss.
    I'm still a Bobro or Nightforce fan. The NF mount is only .3oz more, and is made of 7075, which is about 95% as strong as the Geissele 2099. It's also $100 less. The Bobro is less than 2.5oz more, and offers true RTZ without tools. It is also $100 less.

The Geissele, I am sure is a well made unit, and carries some unicorn jizz appeal, for sure. Functonally, I'm just not sold. That said, ultimately I bet it's better than the NF Unimount. It's different and cannot be compared with the Bobro, though.

I was going to buy a Geissle, but went Bobro instead to slap my K16i in. Mainly, I wanted QD. Why? because I don't "jump with my weapon", and I do like to shoot my irons.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I'm still a Bobro or Nightforce fan. The NF mount is only .3oz more, and is made of 7075, which is about 95% as strong as the Geissele 2099. It's also $100 less. The Bobro is less than 2.5oz more, and offers true RTZ without tools. It is also $100 less.

The Geissele, I am sure is a well made unit, and carries some unicorn jizz appeal, for sure. Functonally, I'm just not sold. That said, ultimately I bet it's better than the NF Unimount. It's different and cannot be compared with the Bobro, though.

I was going to buy a Geissle, but went Bobro instead to slap my K16i in. Mainly, I wanted QD. Why? because I don't "jump with my weapon", and I do like to shoot my irons.
    Fair enough. All my mounts are Bobro At the moment as well. I'm certain that the G mount will be of extremely high quality and offer good RTZ.

What I'm curious about is how the mounting system / index system compares to the KAC equivalent? Does the KAC mount index off the angles versus the top flat of the rail?

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know what height(s) this mount will come in for 34mm tubes?

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Here is an interesting interview with Bill Geissele from SHOT 2016. He talks about the new mounts at the 7:00 min mark of the vid, he also talks about a new lube they are coming out with at the 25:15 min mark . ALG Defense's Purple Go Juice (PGJ) is a Bio-Synthetic oil that has been formulated from the ground up for use in small arms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HSEWVEdaVY
    Last edited by Biggy; 02-14-16 at 01:38.

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast