Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele super precision....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This mount looks great. I am sure it will be a hit. The Al-Li allow is very interesting; I wonder if we will see Geissle fore-ends made from this alloy.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    That mount looks fantastic. I'm a huge supporter of Geissele and his team. Good on 'em.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CFII View Post
    Everything I have is QD, and yup, it's usually on there all the time. But a step backwards in capability? I've had optics fail. Magnified optics at that. QD is nice.

As for cost? I imagine these will rival Spuhr.
    Very few precision shooters want QD. Nightforce, KAC, Spuhr are all fixed mounts. Let's not forget that the mount was designed for a specific request, not the mass market.

On that note, how is it that Geissele seems to get these contracts for things like the 416 rail, SSF trigger, Precision Mount, etc?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    They should have put the nuts on the right side.

They don't dig into your chest or back when doing it that way.

They look good. Really good. I'd buy one on aesthetics alone.
    Last edited by cbx; 10-09-15 at 22:38.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Most people NEVER remove their mounts. I have QD everything and RARELY remove them. Also, if you use a witness mark or a calibrated torque wrench, you can return to zero any screwed on mount (done it many a time). QD's also drive cost. So hopefully this mount will be cheaper.

C4
    Considering the whiz bang NASA alloy and the cost we typically see on KAC or NF mounts, do you think that's possible?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The more the merrier and more innovation to keep business. In the end it's good for us, the consumer.

Geissele generally isn't known for putting out crap so the mount will undoubtedly be good. Special alloy and all that will drive up pricing as this stuff isn't your run if the mill 6062 or 7075 that is pretty much prolific in the market. This is still specialty material.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Not sure if everyone missed it, or just no one bothered to mention it, but this mount supposedly returns to zero without tools. Perhaps it is removable w/o tools as well? Even if it requires a tool to removal, that isn't a deal breaker for me personally.

I'm not sure what all the griping and sniping is all about, this mount isn't released yet and neither are all the details on it. There are lots of good mount choices out already, but knowing Geissele, they probably didn't design and mfg. a 'me to' mount. My guess is they probably sought to surpass existing mounts in a couple key areas or else they wouldn't have bothered. We're going to have to wait a little longer to get the full story and end the speculation.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephantrider View Post
    Not sure if everyone missed it, or just no one bothered to mention it, but this mount supposedly returns to zero without tools. Perhaps it is removable w/o tools as well? Even if it requires a tool to removal, that isn't a deal breaker for me personally.

I'm not sure what all the griping and sniping is all about, this mount isn't released yet and neither are all the details on it. There are lots of good mount choices out already, but knowing Geissele, they probably didn't design and mfg. a 'me to' mount. My guess is they probably sought to surpass existing mounts in a couple key areas or else they wouldn't have bothered. We're going to have to wait a little longer to get the full story and end the speculation.
    It requires tools. Its just not torque sensitive. They nearly fill the 1913 slot with multiple lugs, the screws are square, and it's made from a solid block with the ring caps cut with a jeweler saw after the rings are bored in the same operations. Its absurdly precisely made. 5.1oz or so total weight. Basically, remove and replace with a leatherman, and it will hold zero. It will actually hood zero even if you don't tighten it to the rail, as crazy as that sounds, as long as someone holds it in place so it doesn't fall off when you shoot. It indexes off the "v" and not the top of the 1913 rail. QD might be in the works later.
    Last edited by WS6; 10-10-15 at 05:02.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    Considering the whiz bang NASA alloy and the cost we typically see on KAC or NF mounts, do you think that's possible?
    350 dolla!

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    This thing sounds exceptional! $10 says Jim Hodge is lurking somewhere in the background of development with his buddy Bill G...

Dang awesome space metal must be real hard to come by too!
    Last edited by jerrysimons; 10-10-15 at 08:29.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast