First of all, this isn't an offer to sell anything.

Secondly, I realize this isn't a bolt or lever action but there isn't an antique pump rifle section.

I have a cousin that is wanting to get rid of his Grandfather's Remington 12a. (Not my side) Based on the serial number I believe the rifle was made ~1912'ish.

The action is very tight and it is clean, however, I don't know that it will fire. My Aunt said that it still shoots but just looking at all the dust bunnies in the barrel it hasn't be shot in a LONG time. Considering my cousin was in Asscrackistan and Iraq for nearly 10 years it has not been shot in at least that long and since he isn't a fan of guns, it may have been 20 or more years since it was last fired.

Anyway, I casually mentioned it at work to a guy I work with that apparently has a "thing" about old guns. I didn't realize it at the time, he was talking about some old gun he had and I said, my cousin has a Remington pump .22. He wanted to know what it was and if he would be willing to sell it. I told him I would get pictures and send him.

As is my usual practice, I checked the rifling and I really can't see any....

I can't tell if it is because they are filled in due to never have been scrubbed or if it was used heavily and there just isn't any rifling left.

Anyway, he wants me to take some better pictures of the rifling and wants to know how much my cousin wants for it. My cousin says he doesn't know anything about guns and I should just price it for what I think it is worth.

I did research online and it seemed even rifles with "rough" bores were going for $300 ish. This bore isn't rough, it is nearly smooth... Personally, I wouldn't pay that but I don't really know anything about antique rifles and based on my research most of these were gallery rifles back in the day. Who knows how many rounds it might have fired.

Anyone know what a fair price would be?

I don't want to screw either my cousin or the guy I work with but I am at a loss.