Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vltor a5 ??

Feedback Score

Vltor a5 ??

I'm planning on turning one of my LMT 10.5 " uppers into a pistol. I like the a5 system. It will be run suppressed but without an adjustable gas block. What spring and buffer weight do u recommend. I will be running a standard bcg

Feedback Score
    Every guns different. The common suggestion will be a Sprinco green spring with the standard A5 (A5H2) buffer and go from there. You may end up going with a heavier buffer, you may not.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Sprinco Green cured reliability issues with the A5 for me. I love the setup now. Regular Mil=-spec springs are just too weak for A5 or Carbine extensions, in my experience.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kgj1119 View Post
    I'm planning on turning one of my LMT 10.5 " uppers into a pistol. I like the a5 system. It will be run suppressed but without an adjustable gas block. What spring and buffer weight do u recommend. I will be running a standard bcg
    I run this setup, albeit and SBR an run an A5H4 with Sprinco Green spring. Runs great
    DPMS 16" Carbine- NcStar scope, UTG Rails, MagLite hose clamped to barrel | S&W Sigma | HiPoint 9mm | Lorcin 9mm | Jennings .22| Stevens 12 Ga

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Do they make an A5 RE that will not accept a stock (pistol)?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Onyx Z View Post
    Do they make an A5 RE that will not accept a stock (pistol)?
    Yes, on the Vltor website
    DPMS 16" Carbine- NcStar scope, UTG Rails, MagLite hose clamped to barrel | S&W Sigma | HiPoint 9mm | Lorcin 9mm | Jennings .22| Stevens 12 Ga

Feedback Score
    To the OP,
    You may not find a reliable combination that is the same as an SBR, but without the stock. Many times, pistol AR barrels are gassed harder to compensate for the increased instability of an AR pistol when compared to a more stable platform.
    I am not a fan of AR pistols at all, but uninformed legislators and bureaucrats make bad decisions all the time, so I can understand the scenario.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    To the OP,
    You may not find a reliable combination that is the same as an SBR, but without the stock. Many times, pistol AR barrels are gassed harder to compensate for the increased instability of an AR pistol when compared to a more stable platform.
    I am not a fan of AR pistols at all, but uninformed legislators and bureaucrats make bad decisions all the time, so I can understand the scenario.
    I think the OP is running an LMT 10.5 carbine gassed upper on a pistol lower

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Running an A5H2 Springco Green Spring combo on my 11.5" SBR equipped with a Noveske barrel and LMT Enhanced BCG. No issues running suppressed or unsuppressed. I'm confident I can run a H3 buffer without any issues, but it ain't broke so...
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    An SBR is not the same in function as a pistol.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast