Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ACOG tritium replacement

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have 3 ACOGS and one of the red Chevrons kinda sorta weirdly went partially out. I could move optic around and the Chevron would go from black to more lit to effed up. These threads made me think about sending it in. I called and gave serial number and based on SN it was a 2011 mfg date. So he couldn't picture my issue but said send it in and let us look it over. We shall see.

It was like the left side of the Chevron is dark and black and right side bright red. They did give RMA and pre paid label, first class so far in my experience. I won't spend any significant money to fix it, I will just run it as is if they want big $$$.

Report to follow.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I have 3 ACOGS and one of the red Chevrons kinda sorta weirdly went partially out. I could move optic around and the Chevron would go from black to more lit to effed up. These threads made me think about sending it in. I called and gave serial number and based on SN it was a 2011 mfg date. So he couldn't picture my issue but said send it in and let us look it over. We shall see.

It was like the left side of the Chevron is dark and black and right side bright red. They did give RMA and pre paid label, first class so far in my experience. I won't spend any significant money to fix it, I will just run it as is if they want big $$$.

Report to follow.

PB
    PB:
    Is it a TA31a. Do you have the box for them? Does it say lifetime warranty or limited lifetime warranty. If it is a TA31a and says lifetime warranty, it should be a no charge repair. Mine was made in 2005 and nine years later the repair was no charge, but the 14 years old TA01c was $570 and that one said limited lifetime warranty on the box. ?????????

They will call you for your ok to repair, so if you do not want to spend the money they will send it back to you not repaired, if it is no charge, they will repair and send it back to you.
    Last edited by RMC51; 08-19-18 at 19:10.
    RMC51
    Florida Keys
    Always Look Behind

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMC51 View Post
    PB:
    Is it a TA31a. Do you have the box for them? Does it say lifetime warranty or limited lifetime warranty. If it is a TA31a and says lifetime warranty, it should be a no charge repair. Mine was made in 2005 and nine years later the repair was no charge, but the 14 years old TA01c was $570 and that one said limited lifetime warranty on the box. ?????????

They will call you for your ok to repair, so if you do not want to spend the money they will send it back to you not repaired, if it is no charge, they will repair and send it back to you.
    Most interesting, I have all three pelican cases and the one I checked says LIFETIME warranty. The other two are in storage, I will check those out. But this one is a chevron and my 4X32 is cross hairs. So Im guessing I'm in the lifetime warranty group. Good feedback Brocepher!
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score

Report to follow.

PB
    PB: Just noticed two things. Yours lasted nine years, my TA31a red chevron lasted nine years, very interesting. They sent you a prepaid label, 99% sure that they know it is lifetime warranty and will be N/C, if it was not no charge they would not have paid the shipping.
    RMC51
    Florida Keys
    Always Look Behind

Feedback Score
    Most interesting, I have all three pelican cases and the one I checked says LIFETIME warranty. The other two are in storage, I will check those out. But this one is a chevron and my 4X32 is cross hairs. So Im guessing I'm in the lifetime warranty group. Good feedback Brocepher!
    PB;

Is the cross hairs one, dual illuminated crosshairs?
    RMC51
    Florida Keys
    Always Look Behind

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMC51 View Post
    PB;

Is the cross hairs one, dual illuminated crosshairs?
    Its a chevron, not cross hairs. I have one with cross hairs but not this one

PB

Feedback Score
    Its a chevron, not cross hairs. I have one with cross hairs but not this one

PB
    Sorry I was not clear.

I was not asking about the chevron unit, that one sounds like it is a no charge lifetime warranty unit. I was asking about the 4x32 cross-hair one. Is that one a TA31 dual illuminated model or is it a TA01 cross-hair unit that is a single illuminated limited lifetime warranty model? Does it have the fiber-optic tube on the top? I'm trying to figure out if all of the TA01 single illuminated models might not be limited lifetime warranty units. Trijicon is not real up front with this info. I had to push them very hard to get the info that I got out of them, I spoke to them for over 20 minutes and had to keep asking question after question. they would answer any question but would not help fill in the blanks if you know what I mean.
    Last edited by RMC51; 08-19-18 at 22:25.
    RMC51
    Florida Keys
    Always Look Behind

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Next time I go to storage I’ll check it out.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    I sent in a TA45C about 2 years ago. I got in back in 1999. I have used the hell out of it. They inspected it and found a problem so they repaired it and replaced the trillium for free. I have had other work done and I think that the most I have ever paid them was $125. They are a great company and they stand behind their products.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    I sent in a TA45C about 2 years ago. I got in back in 1999. I have used the hell out of it. They inspected it and found a problem so they repaired it and replaced the trillium for free. I have had other work done and I think that the most I have ever paid them was $125. They are a great company and they stand behind their products.
    docsh:

The TA45 is a dual illuminated model and if you check the little pelican box that it came in, I would bet that it has lifetime warranty on it and not limited lifetime warranty. Maybe the dual illuminated models are lifetime warranty and the single illuminated models are limited lifetime warranty ??????????????
    RMC51
    Florida Keys
    Always Look Behind

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast