Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Apparently H&K G36 issues totally overblown....

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Apparently H&K G36 issues totally overblown....

The mission-experienced soldiers refuted the classification of the G36 as a glitch-rifle,” the commission said in Berlin on Wednesday. The report had already been leaked to Wednesday’s edition of the “Sächsische Zeitung,” in which one platoon commander who served in Afghanistan in 2009 offered nothing but glowing words about the gun’s accuracy. - See more at: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2....QbCWjZEI.dpuf

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...ound-with-g36/
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    German's wanted a new rifle, H&K on the brink of bankruptcy, H&K gets contract for 417's to the Germans on the cheap, H&K tells German's, speak nicely of the G36 or else the price goes up on the 417's...just my uneducated guess. But I called H&K getting the contract when the whole bankruptcy scare came out and then "oh nein, G36 ist nein bueno" by the German govt. Everybody wins.
    Professional Babysitter

Feedback Score
    Someone is getting money from someone over this.

Honestly, I call baloney on the G-36 testing that TFB did, and double baloney on the "report" done by a "government commission." Sounds too much like how the Air Force forced Airmen to say positive things about the F-35 and Lockheed giving conflicted reports.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've shot a G36 before.
    No thanks.
    The Germans really should just go all HK41x.

Those issues were not overblown. HK doesn't often make a lemon but the G36 came out during a weird peacetime era.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I smell smog testing debacle.

This is my shocked face that someone made cash off of a "crisis"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    G36 is a GAAAARBAGE rifle, if someone gave me the choice of a stick or g36, I might take the stick. If it wasnt for the fact that so many Euro trash armies went to it i am pretty sure they would drop it. The 416 is what the g36 was suppose to be, it just took Hk 10 additional years to get there.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    LOL. When the original study came out everybody called BS and said there was a payoff/conspiracy etc. Now this report comes out and says the opposite and everybody calls BS and says there is a payoff/conspiracy. Gotta love the the gun world.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    LOL. When the original study came out everybody called BS and said there was a payoff/conspiracy etc. Now this report comes out and says the opposite and everybody calls BS and says there is a payoff/conspiracy. Gotta love the the gun world.
    Not really, I knew from the start the G36 was a craptastic rifle made for a peacetime army. It was only a matter of time until a study came out that highlighted the flaws of the platform.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    No Really, that's exactly what happened. I seem to be one of the few people on the internet who is not an expert on the model.

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    No Really, that's exactly what happened. I seem to be one of the few people on the internet who is not an expert on the model.
    I am also not an expert and you should be totally comfortable with that. I have time on the G36 as someone who had to go on the range with a bachelor party and help them shoot it in full auto. It ran hot and it seemed bulky but it always worked even after probably 100k rds. but I never cleaned the thing or took it out of an indoor range, if I was going HK I'd go MP5, but my opinion is just as good as anyone on the internet which isnt saying much.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast