Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey, it happens that the Kel-Tec RDB is actually a quite nice gun.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Pretty cool. If this works out and Keltec doesn't blow it, it could be a new beginning for them. We'll have to see what becomes of this.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cagemonkey View Post
    Pretty cool. If this works out and Keltec doesn't blow it, it could be a new beginning for them. We'll have to see what becomes of this.
    I don't have a lot of faith that this will be the case but I'm hoping that they can turn over a new leaf. I think others are probably kicking themselves thinking "Why didn't I think of that?"

Sent from my SM-G900T using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Innovation and experimentation are an excellent thing for any market. Keltec - through its flaws - provides a good pool of both novel and innovative ideas. They put these ideas on the machine and sell them to anyone with a dollar.

For that reason, I admire the company.

As for the rifle itself, it's interesting, however I see little which would have me thinking, "Man I'm glad I had an RDB instead of an AR" in any scenario.
    Nobody ever got shot climbing over the wall into East Berlin.

Delivering the most precision possible, at the greatest distance possible, with the highest rate of fire possible.

Feedback Score
    Seems like the RDB is getting good reviews from everybody that gets their hands on it. MAC, IRAQVETRAN,Hank...etc. The RDB has proven reliable, durable and accurate over thousands of rounds, runs great suppressed....and that is with prototype rifles. Stands to reason that the full m production guns should prove even better and knock out what bugs remained.
    This may be the real deal.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    I'd buy one if the price drops down into the $15oo range, otherwise I would spring the extra for a Tavor, so much nice after market that I don't think that Keltec will ever have. Love my father in laws PMR 30 though, awesome gun
    Production models are already on the street. The other day there were 11 of them for sale on GB and I know of a couple of guys that purchased them for $1,460 shipped.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Keltec = junk.

It would be nice though if someone bought the design off of them, made some improvements, and raised the level of quality.

I wouldn't hate on Remington if they bought an idea that was good and made it better, instead of buying an idea that was awesome and making it suck.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfeetz View Post
    Seems like the RDB is getting good reviews from everybody that gets their hands on it. MAC, IRAQVETRAN,Hank...etc. The RDB has proven reliable, durable and accurate over thousands of rounds, runs great suppressed....and that is with prototype rifles. Stands to reason that the full m production guns should prove even better and knock out what bugs remained.
    This may be the real deal.
    The key here is that these are prototype rifles. In full production guns corners get cut to reduce cost. Kel-tec built these rifles and then chose people to send them to so it's entirely possible that they spent time making sure these test guns were G2G. Maybe they didn't and they actually got this one right, but I'm not holding my breath. I also don't know how the guys were testing these guns. 1,000 rounds of slow fire on the square range is not the same as 1,000 rounds of running drills and trying to simulate real-world situations/conditions.
    I don't collect guns, I accumulate them

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I do not like the magazine release, you have to take your hand off the grip and push with the back of your hand to release the magazine. Then you need to re-grip with your

right hand before bringing your left hand behind your right to reload. I can also see you could very easily drop a full magazine to the ground by accident.

awkward

And then you have the reputation of Kal-Tech

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigghoss View Post
    The key here is that these are prototype rifles. In full production guns corners get cut to reduce cost. Kel-tec built these rifles and then chose people to send them to so it's entirely possible that they spent time making sure these test guns were G2G. Maybe they didn't and they actually got this one right, but I'm not holding my breath. I also don't know how the guys were testing these guns. 1,000 rounds of slow fire on the square range is not the same as 1,000 rounds of running drills and trying to simulate real-world situations/conditions.
    I completely understand the skepticism regarding Kel-tec products but what is giving me hope on this particular gun is that Tim from MAC usually rips KelTec products a new hole everytime he reviews one of their products. This time he has nothing but good stuff to say and he is not alone. I am approaching this bullpup with a grain of salt but if it proves to be everthing Tim says it is, it will be the bullpup I have been waiting for.

I ordered one for $1399. It's either going to be a great buy or a big disappoint. Either way I'll post what I find here.
    Last edited by bigfeetz; 10-30-15 at 21:04.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt guy View Post
    ...you have to take your hand off the grip and push with the back of your hand to release the magazine.
    You don't "have to," and I think that actually was some bizarre manual of arms on Tim's part.

Most people would reach their support hand and hit back on the release, capturing the mag when it makes it's stop.

The problem I have with the release is:

1) It appears to be made from the upcycled pocket clip of a pen.

2) Will it snag gear and dump the mag standing around at the low ready? (YES)

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast