Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey, it happens that the Kel-Tec RDB is actually a quite nice gun.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
    You don't "have to," and I think that actually was some bizarre manual of arms on Tim's part.

Most people would reach their support hand and hit back on the release, capturing the mag when it makes it's stop.

The problem I have with the release is:

1) It appears to be made from the upcycled pocket clip of a pen.

2) Will it snag gear and dump the mag standing around at the low ready? (YES)
    Haven't heard any complaints from the testers about this problem , where did you hear about this?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfeetz View Post
    Haven't heard any complaints from the testers about this problem , where did you hear about this?
    I'm sure American Rifleman will give it a thumbs up too.

Have a look for yourself:

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have a good friend who actually picked one of these up when they were new. It was awesome for about the first 500 rounds, then he started having ejection problems. After about 750 rounds things had loosened up on him enough that he sent it in to Kel-Tec and upon receiving it back, promptly sold it. It was a blast for those first 500 rounds though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shao View Post
    I have a good friend who actually picked one of these up when they were new. It was awesome for about the first 500 rounds, then he started having ejection problems. After about 750 rounds things had loosened up on him enough that he sent it in to Kel-Tec and upon receiving it back, promptly sold it. It was a blast for those first 500 rounds though.
    They were just released about a week ago. The ones tested by various people were prototypes and they have performed very well so far after thousandsof rounds. Perhaps you have this confused with another Keltec product?
    Last edited by bigfeetz; 10-31-15 at 17:14.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
    I'm sure American Rifleman will give it a thumbs up too.

Have a look for yourself:

No worse than I have seen on a multitude of stamped guns to include AK's. I think the material it self will holdup well for its intended purpose. The Tavor magrelease has caused it no problems

No way totell if you are right or wrong, I hope you are wrong. I will try it out and let you know how it goes.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I would prefer to see captive takedown pins and a non folding charging handle, I don't like the mag release at all, other than that it seem pretty cool at first look but man...Kel-Tec...hard to swallow.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Maybe I missed something, but I didn't see a way to easily do a visual check of the chamber. I guess you look up through the mag well?
    Up men! Up! And to your posts! Let no man forget today that he is from Old Virginia! - General George Pickett

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfeetz View Post
    The Tavor magrelease has caused it no problems
    Actually, the complete opposite is true.

It caused a lot of problems, and was one of the first revisions made when designing the X95:

Anyone can look at it and see it's a stupid design.

Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I would prefer to see captive takedown pins and a non folding charging handle...
    The main issue I see is the fact that it's two clam shells held together by a big heaping handful of screws.

Is there a reason why?
    Does detailed stripping involve pulling them all?
    Does the grip store extras for when they start falling out?

I've never owned any Keltec, but when I was a kid I had a waterpistol that I ran really hard, and it lost one or two... and the water pistol appears better made than any Keltec.

I wonder if George Kelgren ever worked for Entertec?

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    The problems with the Tavor are so bad that IWI is still making the rifle with the same magazine release and they're still selling it to a variety of international customers.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Last edited by Waylander; 11-01-15 at 10:06.
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast