Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much leakage is too much leakage ?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

How much leakage is too much leakage ?

I installed a Syrac Ord. adjustable GB on my 18" .308 Aero Precision barrel (rifle length gas system). I also shot this rifle for the first suppressed using my SiCo Saker 7.62 can. While cleaing, I noticed that the gas block seems to be leaking a bit of carbon from the barrel and gas tube. The rifle is running fine suppressed and unsuppressed. IIRC, the gas block is roughly 10-12 clicks from closed. I understand that a little carbon leakage is normal, but I think this is more than "usual". The last gas block I used on this barrel was a BCM .750 block and I don't think it leaked this much.

What say the M4C tifosi ?

Life's a risk, enjoy the adventure - HOPLOETHOS

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If it shoots fine I would not mess with it. But I would like to know how many rounds 5 or 150?

I will go look for a picture on how mine looks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Last edited by Colt guy; 10-16-15 at 15:50.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    That's very little leakage for both of you guys. Nothing to worry about. If you run a suppressor a lot you'll end up with at least an inch or two behind the gas block on the barrel and gas tube that get covered in carbon.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It will carbon weld itself together and stop leaking. Just shoot more rounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Keep in mind you're working with (in the grand scheme of things) rather loose tolerance metallic fittings with no proper fluid seals - especially high pressure fluid.
    Nobody ever got shot climbing over the wall into East Berlin.

Delivering the most precision possible, at the greatest distance possible, with the highest rate of fire possible.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ace4059 View Post
    It will carbon weld itself together and stop leaking. Just shoot more rounds.
    best plan I have heard all day.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt guy View Post
    best plan I have heard all day.
    It's actually admirably practical.
    Nobody ever got shot climbing over the wall into East Berlin.

Delivering the most precision possible, at the greatest distance possible, with the highest rate of fire possible.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That was probably 30 rounds total. I appreciate the answers. This is my first foray into shooting suppressed, so it's a bit of a learning curve. I figured there would not be much to worry about if the gun runs fine, but I just wanted a second opinion.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Life's a risk, enjoy the adventure - HOPLOETHOS

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slvr Surfr View Post
    I installed a Syrac Ord. adjustable GB on my 18" .308 Aero Precision barrel (rifle length gas system). I also shot this rifle for the first suppressed using my SiCo Saker 7.62 can. While cleaing, I noticed that the gas block seems to be leaking a bit of carbon from the barrel and gas tube. The rifle is running fine suppressed and unsuppressed. IIRC, the gas block is roughly 10-12 clicks from closed. I understand that a little carbon leakage is normal, but I think this is more than "usual". The last gas block I used on this barrel was a BCM .750 block and I don't think it leaked this much.

What say the M4C tifosi ?

cleaning and reinstalling with green loctite will eliminate the leakage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast