Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bomb Proof Coffee

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    I was just curious about using the MCT as a substitute for the coconut oil.
    Ah, Ok. No harm done if one wanted to use MCT vs Coconut oil, but coconut oil imparts a very nice taste to it. Also, be it programs, diets, or this recipe, I always tell people to follow exactly as outlined for a time before making and personal mods to it. If they don't, there's no way to compare if the mods were of value or not compared to the original. There's always a lot more going on under the hood than people realize.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Ah, Ok. No harm done if one wanted to use MCT vs Coconut oil, but coconut oil imparts a very nice taste to it. Also, be it programs, diets, or this recipe, I always tell people to follow exactly as outlined for a time before making and personal mods to it. If they don't, there's no way to compare if the mods were of value or not compared to the original. There's always a lot more going on under the hood than people realize.
    Ok. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    Well, I haven't strangled any of them.

Take away the coffee, though...
    LOL!!!!! That was frigging classic! Great answer!!!!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Hey Will, can you clarify the 2.5g of Creatin and L-Tyrosine.

When I went to Nutrabio site they sell N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine and say it's more soluble in water that way... but also they say 200-500mg is a normal dose. But you are saying 2500mg is normal?

I'm just a little confused as to what a normal dose is and do you think the N-acetyl/L-Tyrosine is ok?

I had forgotten about this until I got your email the other day. This is not scientific by any means but coffee generally makes me tense... not exactly jittery but more tense.. that is it can and does sometimes. Well about three weeks ago for absolutely no reason I decided to mix a cup of coffee with hot chocolate mix. A little while after drinking it, I felt great and specifically noted that I didn't feel tense at all. I've continued to do that with similar results. So I think there is something to the coffee+chocolate relationship. Now that I've seen this again, I want to try the additional ingredients.

I don't want to blow my mind with a 10x dose on the first go though so just wanted to verify the quantities.
    Last edited by tb-av; 03-10-17 at 21:10.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    Hey Will, can you clarify the 2.5g of Creatin and L-Tyrosine.

When I went to Nutrabio site they sell N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine and say it's more soluble in water that way... but also they say 200-500mg is a normal dose. But you are saying 2500mg is normal?

I'm just a little confused as to what a normal dose is and do you think the N-acetyl/L-Tyrosine is ok?

I had forgotten about this until I got your email the other day. This is not scientific by any means but coffee generally makes me tense... not exactly jittery but more tense.. that is it can and does sometimes. Well about three weeks ago for absolutely no reason I decided to mix a cup of coffee with hot chocolate mix. A little while after drinking it, I felt great and specifically noted that I didn't feel tense at all. I've continued to do that with similar results. So I think there is something to the coffee+chocolate relationship. Now that I've seen this again, I want to try the additional ingredients.

I don't want to blow my mind with a 10x dose on the first go though so just wanted to verify the quantities.
    A few things. You'll find any study that finds benefits of individual amino acids, be it L Tyrosine, Leucine, Arginine, etc will have used multi gram doses. Also, N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine and L Tyrosine are not the same thing, and the improved solubility of N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine may allow for a lower, but studies comparing them have been conflicting. No idea how they came to 200-500mg for N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine. Not sure how N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine would taste in coffee either. The lowest dose I have found in a study that found benefit was 2g. Most studies used far more. I suspect the 200-500mg of N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine rec is simply due to the fact multi gram doses gets expensive. L Tyrosine is cheap.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Variance from the Bulletproof coffee concept/products? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1EUFleaepE

I would much rather give you my money than these LA types.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captiva View Post
    Variance from the Bulletproof coffee concept/products?
    One based on solid science, one based on pseudo science and general nonsense. My take on bulletproof:

http://www.brinkzone.com/general-hea...oof-coffee-bs/

Joe Rogan was a big fan, until he started to dig a little deeper:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwY4H3cNTH0
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Thanks Will.

Wish coffee wasn't so complicated. I'm off to McDonald's for a $1 large black coffee...

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    A few things. You'll find any study that finds benefits of individual amino acids, be it L Tyrosine, Leucine, Arginine, etc will have used multi gram doses. Also, N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine and L Tyrosine are not the same thing, and the improved solubility of N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine may allow for a lower, but studies comparing them have been conflicting. No idea how they came to 200-500mg for N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine. Not sure how N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine would taste in coffee either. The lowest dose I have found in a study that found benefit was 2g. Most studies used far more. I suspect the 200-500mg of N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine rec is simply due to the fact multi gram doses gets expensive. L Tyrosine is cheap.
    Ok, thanks Will.... here is what they posted that had me worried.
    L-Tyrosine Side Effects

L-Tyrosine may help some people in their fight against depression, but dosages above 500 mg, in some people, may cause anxiety, restlessness and rapid heart rate. L Tyrosine can cause over stimulation, restlessness, anxiety, and insomnia. Heart palpitations or arrhythmias are potential side effects that occur from high doses of tyrosine. These can occur in sensitive individuals in as low a dose as 200 to 500 mg. Always start with a low dose, such as 200 mg or less, even if it means opening a tyrosine capsule and taking a portion of it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    Ok, thanks Will.... here is what they posted that had me worried.
    Interesting. I'm aware of no research to support that. You might inquire as to their source for that warning. Tyrosine is not a stimulant BTW and the way they write that, it sounds like crack.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast