Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bomb Proof Coffee

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by en4cer View Post
    Thanks Will. I'm going to gather up the ingredients and try it. I agree with you on the full vengeance coffee also. Really good stuff.
    I try all manner of coffee from that coffee maker and others, and have yet to find anything I wub as much as the Full Vengeance. Report back with your experience with the BPC.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hey Will, did I read in your stuff on bomb proof coffee that tyrosine should not be consumed with other proteins because they would prevent it from being metabolized or am I making that up? I would like to start adding tyrosine and creatine both to my morning coffee and just want to know what if any adjustments I should make to what I eat in the morning to get the full effects.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chipper78 View Post
    Hey Will, did I read in your stuff on bomb proof coffee that tyrosine should not be consumed with other proteins because they would prevent it from being metabolized or am I making that up? I would like to start adding tyrosine and creatine both to my morning coffee and just want to know what if any adjustments I should make to what I eat in the morning to get the full effects.
    Other aminos in the protein compete for entry into the brain via the BBB, so best taken without proteins yes. Best to drink coffee first approx 30 mins before a protein based meal (eggs, etc) or have something without protein for breakfast with the coffee, such as oatmeal

I tend to have the BPC and oatmeal first thing on the morning, then some boiled eggs a while later, but I work at home, so that schedule may not work for you.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Other aminos in the protein compete for entry into the brain via the BBB, so best taken without proteins yes. Best to drink coffee first approx 30 mins before a protein based meal (eggs, etc) or have something without protein for breakfast with the coffee, such as oatmeal

I tend to have the BPC and oatmeal first thing on the morning, then some boiled eggs a while later, but I work at home, so that schedule may not work for you.
    Got it, thanks for the quick reply.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    My wife is Brazilian and she said "of course coffee has several health benefits....we've known that for over a 100 years."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Cool review on possible effects on muscle and more BPC win!

The benefits of coffee on skeletal muscle.
    Life Sci. 2015 Dec 15;143:182-6.

Abstract

Coffee is consumed worldwide with greater than a billion cups of coffee ingested every day. Epidemiological studies have revealed an association of coffee consumption with reduced incidence of a variety of chronic diseases as well as all-cause mortality. Current research has primarily focused on the effects of coffee or its components on various organ systems such as the cardiovascular system, with relatively little attention on skeletal muscle.

Summary of current literature suggests that coffee has beneficial effects on skeletal muscle. Coffee has been shown to induce autophagy, improve insulin sensitivity, stimulate glucose uptake, slow the progression of sarcopenia, and promote the regeneration of injured muscle. Much more research is needed to reveal the full scope of benefits that coffee consumption may exert on skeletal muscle structure and function

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26546720
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Hot off the press, a study supporting my Bomb Proof recipe.

One Delicious Combination Will Boost Attention Better Than Any Other Drink, Says Study:

“Researchers from Clarkson University and the University of Georgia studied the effects of caffeinated and non-caffeinated brewed cocoa on attention span, motivation to perform cognitive work, and feelings of anxiety, energy, and fatigue. Their results, showed the combination of fatigue-fighting coffee and anxiety-reducing cocoa was the best combination for boosting attention span.”

Cont:

http://www.iflscience.com/brain/one-...nk-says-study/

Study:

Acute effects of brewed cocoa consumption on attention, motivation to perform cognitive work and feelings of anxiety, energy and fatigue: a randomized, placebo-controlled crossover experiment

Abstract
    Background

Acute effects of caffeinated and non-caffeinated cocoa on mood, motivation, and cognitive function are not well characterized. The current study examined the acute influence of brewed cocoa, alone and with supplemental caffeine, on attention, motivation to perform cognitive tasks and energy and fatigue mood states.
    Methods

A randomized, double-blinded, within-subjects crossover trial was conducted with four 473-milliliter brewed beverage treatments: cocoa, caffeinated cocoa (70 milligrams caffeine total), placebo (flavored and colored brewed water) and positive control (placebo plus 66 milligrams caffeine, “caffeine alone”). Participants (n = 24) were low consumers of polyphenols without elevated feelings of energy. Before and three times after beverage consumption, a 26-minute battery was used to assess motivation to perform cognitive tasks, mood and attention (serial subtractions of 3 and 7, the continuous performance task, and the Bakan dual task) with a 10-minute break between each post-consumption battery. The procedure was repeated with each beverage for each participant at least 48 h apart and ±30 min the same time of day. Data were evaluated using Treatment X Time analysis of covariance controlling for hours of prior night’s sleep.
    Results

Compared to placebo, cocoa reduced overall false alarm errors progressively across time with 0.92, 1.44 and 2.35 fewer false alarms on average 22–48, 60–86 and 98–124 min post-consumption (η 2 = 0.08, p = 0.019). Caffeinated cocoa: (i) attenuated the anxiety-provoking effects of cognitive testing found after drinking caffeine alone (η 2 = 0.064, p = 0.038), and (ii) increased accuracy (η 2 = 0.085, p = 0.01) and reduced omission errors (η 2 = 0.077, p = 0.016) on the Bakan primary task compared to cocoa alone.
    Conclusions

Brewed cocoa can acutely reduce errors associated with attention in the absence of changes in either perceived motivation to perform cognitive tasks or feelings of energy and fatigue. Supplemental caffeine in brewed cocoa can enhance aspects of attention while brewed cocoa can attenuate the anxiety-provoking effects found from drinking caffeine alone.

Full paper:

http://bmcnutr.biomedcentral.com/art...795-016-0117-z
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Will, I've seen recipes with MCT. What are your thoughts on that?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    Will, I've seen recipes with MCT. What are your thoughts on that?
    Did you take a look at the Bomb Proof Coffee recipe? The effects of MCT is way over stated and far from any wonder fat. My recipe uses a small amount of coconut oil for reasons explained, with minimum emphasis placed on the MCT content/benefits per se.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Did you take a look at the Bomb Proof Coffee recipe? The effects of MCT is way over stated and far from any wonder fat. My recipe uses a small amount of coconut oil for reasons explained, with minimum emphasis placed on the MCT content/benefits per se.
    I was just curious about using the MCT as a substitute for the coconut oil.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast