Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Bomb Proof Coffee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Man, I've read this thread twice and watched the vids. Went to two specialty stores, GNC, and Whole Paycheck. All I got was coconut oil from WF. None of the others had it. Came home and went to the Amazon links, so everything is inbound (had non dutch process cocoa)
    Really wanted to try it today, looks like Monday at the latest. Any more, Amazon has what I need/want in stock and the local guys don't.
    Will, did you notice a difference when you upped it to one tablespoon across the board, and do you recommend the original recipe first? I'm looking forward to trying this out

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    Man, I've read this thread twice and watched the vids. Went to two specialty stores, GNC, and Whole Paycheck. All I got was coconut oil from WF. None of the others had it. Came home and went to the Amazon links, so everything is inbound (had non dutch process cocoa)
    Really wanted to try it today, looks like Monday at the latest. Any more, Amazon has what I need/want in stock and the local guys don't.
    Will, did you notice a difference when you upped it to one tablespoon across the board, and do you recommend the original recipe first? I'm looking forward to trying this out
    Not tablespoon, but level t-spoon. That's an important distinction!

Try original recipe doses, assess how that feels, adjust as needed.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well, thats what 21 hours of wakefulness does to your reading comprehension! I was somewhat thinking through my fog that it was gonna be mighty thick with those levels. 😆

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    BOMB PROOF COFFEE (PRO TIP!) 😎☕☕😎

For those who make their Bomb Proof Coffee the "right" way, that is, using a frother or other tool to get the tasty emulsion per directions, here's a frother I have found for a tad under $7 and it works well.

https://www.amazon.com/Bodum-Schiuma...um+milk+foamer
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by en4cer View Post
    Thanks Will. I'm going to gather up the ingredients and try it. I agree with you on the full vengeance coffee also. Really good stuff.
    Status of project?
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Love me some coffee. Studies continue to find it has various potential health benefits. Such as, Protects DNA from damage.

Consumption of a dark roast coffee blend reduces DNA damage in humans: results from a 4-week randomised controlled study

Abstract
    Purpose

To determine the DNA protective effects of a standard coffee beverage in comparison to water consumption.
    Methods

The single-blind, randomised controlled study with parallel design included healthy women (n = 50) and men (n = 50) recruited from the general Central European population. The subjects were randomised in a coffee and a control group, with stratification for sex and body mass index. The study comprised two periods of 4 weeks: a preconditioning period, with daily consumption of at least 500 ml water but no coffee, nor tea, nor any other caffeine-containing product. During the subsequent intervention period the coffee group consumed 500 ml of freshly brewed dark roast coffee blend per day, the control group consumed water instead. On the last day of each period, blood was drawn and analysed by comet assay (single-cell gel electrophoresis) to assess the level of DNA damage (strand breakage).

Results

At the end of the intervention period the mean level of DNA strand breaks in the coffee group has decreased in comparison to the control group [difference in means 0.23% TI (tail intensity), p = 0.028]. The mean change from baseline (delta value) was − 23% in the coffee group (p = 0.0012). Effects of coffee intake were similar for men and women. During intervention, neither group showed any significant change in body weight or calorie intake.

Conclusions

Our results indicate that regular consumption of a dark roast coffee blend has a beneficial protective effect on human DNA integrity in both, men and women.

Source:

https://rd.springer.com/article/10.1...Wxy280tl_iZWhE

And article in LEF magazine covering various benefits:

https://www.lifeextension.com/Magazi...Coffee/Page-01
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Okay, so I've been drinking a mug of this daily since September. Initially, I was having a hard time getting the the ingredients to mix well. I have finally gotten it down I believe. What made it work well for me is using the actual dose on the creatine and l tyrosine by using the respective scoops in each can and using one teaspoon of the cocoa. I put them in my mug and add one tablespoon of melted coconut oil to the powder, then swish it around until I get a bit of a slurry. I then brew my coffee into the mug using an Oxo brand pour over device:

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...cALA&gclsrc=ds

I find it works very well. As the mug gets about 1/2 full, I stir it vigourouslyl. Once it is finished, I add one tablespoon of whipping cream, and hit it with the frother. It is very good.
    I have noticed that I am a bit sharper, and my (inconsistent, for now) workouts seem to be better. I believe in it. I've also been following the keto diet as prescribed by Dr. Eric Westman of Duke university, and have had very positive results from it as well. I know some think this is bogus, and I made fun of it until I tried it. Dropped about 18 pounds in three weeks with almost no PT, down a bit over 20 now, labs are great, joint pain all but gone and I have not had an antacid (which was a daily dose) in over six months. A buddy I got on it is down over 30 lbs and has been taken off of three meds and is no longer pre-diabetic.

I use the creatine and l tyrosine Will suggested, Trader Joe's unprocessed cocoa, TJ's triple filtered coconut oil (half the price of the other grocery stores), whatever brand of cream. For coffee, my wife and I drink Peet's "Major Dickason's Blend"
    We buy it whole bean directly from them, and it is roasted just prior to shipping. Way more fresh than in the grocery store, and it is my favorite coffee. Got my frother off of Amazon. BPC is going to be a morning routine for me from now until I shed this mortal coil. Good stuff.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Okay, so I've been drinking a mug of this daily since September. Initially, I was having a hard time getting the the ingredients to mix well. I have finally gotten it down I believe. What made it work well for me is using the actual dose on the creatine and l tyrosine by using the respective scoops in each can and using one teaspoon of the cocoa.
    For under $10, the whisker in post #83 above takes care of it, and creates the emulsion that tastes great also. Like a cappuccino but better!

I put them in my mug and add one tablespoon of melted coconut oil to the powder, then swish it around until I get a bit of a slurry. I then brew my coffee into the mug using an Oxo brand pour over device:

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...cALA&gclsrc=ds

I find it works very well. As the mug gets about 1/2 full, I stir it vigourouslyl. Once it is finished, I add one tablespoon of whipping cream, and hit it with the frother. It is very good. I have noticed that I am a bit sharper, and my (inconsistent, for now) workouts seem to be better. I believe in it. I've also been following the keto diet as prescribed by Dr. Eric Westman of Duke university, and have had very positive results from it as well. I know some think this is bogus, and I made fun of it until I tried it. Dropped about 18 pounds in three weeks with almost no PT, down a bit over 20 now, labs are great, joint pain all but gone and I have not had an antacid (which was a daily dose) in over six months. A buddy I got on it is down over 30 lbs and has been taken off of three meds and is no longer pre-diabetic.

I use the creatine and l tyrosine Will suggested, Trader Joe's unprocessed cocoa, TJ's triple filtered coconut oil (half the price of the other grocery stores), whatever brand of cream. For coffee, my wife and I drink Peet's "Major Dickason's Blend"
    We buy it whole bean directly from them, and it is roasted just prior to shipping. Way more fresh than in the grocery store, and it is my favorite coffee. Got my frother off of Amazon. BPC is going to be a morning routine for me from now until I shed this mortal coil. Good stuff.
    I'm not a big fan of Peet's but for that one blend: "Major Dickason's Blend" is quite good. That's the only Peets coffee I will use for BPC and I grab it when on sale. Treat yourself some time to something from the The Roasterie like full Vengeance:

https://www.theroasterie.com/coffee/...nce-dark-blend

I just got some coffee from Black Rifle to try.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Concur with your conclusion of Peet's. Have tried some other roasts and not cared for them. On BRCC- I REALLY want to like the stuff, because I believe in the mission statement of the company and like their corporate philosophy. The coffee just doesn't do it for me, and it is one of the pricier offerings out there. I have tried Beyond Black, Freedom Fuel, and Murdered Out. Of the three, Murdered Out was the only one I liked. Beyond Black was just okay, and definitely not worth the price. Freedom Fuel? After grinding and brewing two cups worth, I threw the rest of the bag away. My wife and I both found it undrinkable. For value coffee if I am between shipments, Trader Joe's Dark whole been is damn good. Some of their other roasts are really good too. They always have some brewed to sample. Their espresso roast is very good, as is their French Roast. There are a couple others I have tried. If not for the wife's preference, I would probably stick with TJ. I'm going to order some of that Full Vengeance today and give it a whirl.

I have one of the frothers, and generally create quite the whirlpool in my mug. Melting the oil prior to adding it in seems to be the ticket for me.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Concur with your conclusion of Peet's. Have tried some other roasts and not cared for them. On BRCC- I REALLY want to like the stuff, because I believe in the mission statement of the company and like their corporate philosophy. The coffee just doesn't do it for me, and it is one of the pricier offerings out there. I have tried Beyond Black, Freedom Fuel, and Murdered Out. Of the three, Murdered Out was the only one I liked. Beyond Black was just okay, and definitely not worth the price. Freedom Fuel? After grinding and brewing two cups worth, I threw the rest of the bag away. My wife and I both found it undrinkable. For value coffee if I am between shipments, Trader Joe's Dark whole been is damn good. Some of their other roasts are really good too. They always have some brewed to sample. Their espresso roast is very good, as is their French Roast. There are a couple others I have tried. If not for the wife's preference, I would probably stick with TJ. I'm going to order some of that Full Vengeance today and give it a whirl.

I have one of the frothers, and generally create quite the whirlpool in my mug. Melting the oil prior to adding it in seems to be the ticket for me.
    That's the one I have to try. Full Vengeance remains my favorite, other than really expensive stuff like Kona.

Trick on the frother is you a big ass mug, fill 2/3 full to blend, but if you have a system that works, drive on.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast