Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which would you pick, 10.5" sbr with A5 or 11.5 with standard carbine buffer?

Feedback Score

Which would you pick, 10.5" sbr with A5 or 11.5 with standard carbine buffer?

Both are said to increase reliability, but if you could only have the extra inch in front or in back, which would you choose (no jokes unless they are A+)

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Is this a hypothetical question, or are you looking to build a rifle one way or the other?
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    Hypothetical, I went with a chf bcm 11.5 and vltor A5

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have an 11.5" (BCM) with an A5 & a 10.3" (Colt) with a carbine RE. The 11.5" has HD duty but I'd have no reservations using my 10.3". It's a toss up IMO; both of mine are reliable & fun to shoot.
    I've heard some 10.5 can finicky with certain ammo; depending on the brand, GP size, etc. so with that, I'd say go with the 11.5".
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    I can't think of any reason to choose a 10.5" over an 11.5" regardless of the receiver extension. There are only a few companies I'd trust to make a reliable 10.5 and I'd still choose their 11.5 if I had a say in it.

For the record my 11.5 uses the Vltor A5 and I can't think of a reason to use anything else back there either. Now if agency restrictions are affecting things, then that's a different matter.
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I went with an 11.5 and an H buffer.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I also went with a BCM 11.5" with A5 system. As I don't shoot with the stock completely collapsed the extra length of the RE is a non-issue.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JG007 View Post
    Hypothetical, I went with a chf bcm 11.5 and vltor A5
    No reason. I choose what you chose.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    11.5" with A5 system. If carry is an issue, choose the smallest possible stock. The VLTOR original modstock (not imod) is as short as it gets - collapsed it's no longer than the end of the buffer tube - and there are a few similar options. That will take out part of the length difference collapsed, even compared to something that seems short like a MOE or a B5 Bravo. You can also make a big, BIG difference by choosing a short muzzle device, instead of the 2-3" long super-ultra-wow devices that may work but are way too big and heavy. Even if you need a suppressor mount, an A2 is an option.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    11.5" with A5H4 buffer.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast