Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which would you pick, 10.5" sbr with A5 or 11.5 with standard carbine buffer?

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    My 11.5" and 12.5" uppers both run with LMT E-carriers, Sprinco springs and A5H4 buffers.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    I'm currently running an 11.5" with A5H3 and it runs and runs suppressed and unsuppressed. I believe it would run with the A5H4 as well and have been meaning to try one out.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    My 11.5" and 12.5" uppers both run with LMT E-carriers, Sprinco springs and A5H4 buffers.
    After reading many, many threads, I am going to copy your set up for the 11.5".
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    What sets the Sprinco spring apart from the one included in the Vltor kits? Is it stronger, lasts longer, etc.?
    Last edited by SteveL; 10-21-15 at 12:09.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I'm shooting a Noveske 10.5" with a Springco spring and a H3 buffer and have had no issues at all. I've probably ran 2K -2500 rounds through it so far both suppressed and unsuppressed . A mix of .223 and 5.56.

Feedback Score
    One of the great things about the 11.5" 5.56 barrels properly gassed to use a can with the LMT enhanced carrier/ A5H4/ Springco green spring is that the same barrel and carrier can be used with an A5H2 or A5H3 with the Springco spring (or the Colt rifle action spring) without a can with a wide range of function.
    A 11.5" 5.56 properly gassed with LMT enhanced carrier/ A5H2-A5H3, without a can has the ability to have the wide span of function. Depending on variables, like can selection, etc, has the ability to make a nice suppressed only combo with the addition of the A5H4. Unfortunately, it seems to be far too common that the A5H4 can be used in some builds without a can. I would tend to caution those that have this when adding a can, it may be an over gassed combination.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    One of the great things about the 11.5" 5.56 barrels properly gassed to use a can with the LMT enhanced carrier/ A5H4/ Springco green spring is that the same barrel and carrier can be used with an A5H2 or A5H3 with the Springco spring (or the Colt rifle action spring) without a can with a wide range of function.
    A 11.5" 5.56 properly gassed with LMT enhanced carrier/ A5H2-A5H3, without a can has the ability to have the wide span of function. Depending on variables, like can selection, etc, has the ability to make a nice suppressed only combo with the addition of the A5H4. Unfortunately, it seems to be far too common that the A5H4 can be used in some builds without a can. I would tend to caution those that have this when adding a can, it may be an over gassed combination.
    So using said combo with the A5H4 unsupressed Is not suppose to work?
    Last edited by Zane1844; 10-20-15 at 17:09.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I don't like the idea of using something other than a rifle action spring in an A5.

Does the Springco really make that much of a difference?

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    Sprinco green is a rifle spring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zane1844 View Post
    So using said combo with the A5H4 unsupressed Is not suppose to work?
    Not with the same span or range/degree of function when a can is added. Adding variables to the mix always involves the issues they bring to the table. Some cans, ammo, and other items, etc.., may have different attributes. If the mentioned combo works well without a can, the addition of the can may add the variable to make things like port size reduction, looser throats, non tight bores, etc.., more less important to increase the function of the system as a whole.
    Different cans and different ammo, not surprisingly react differently. Same with barrels, chambers, etc..
    The real question is, what combination can make the system as a whole operate better in the balance of operation?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Which would you pick, 10.5" sbr with A5 or 11.5 with standard carbine buffer?

Here's a thread regarding Springco springs.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...princo-provide

I've read knowledgeable people recommending them so I bought them for all rifles. In my personal experience, I don't notice a difference using Springco springs vs standard springs in carbine buffer or in A5 setups. Maybe they'll just last longer than standard springs but as far smoothing recoil or slowing cyclic rates, I couldn't tell.

Just my 2 cents...
    Last edited by Ryno12; 10-20-15 at 18:04.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast