Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Which would you pick, 10.5" sbr with A5 or 11.5 with standard carbine buffer?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    It's a magazine issue if the gun is trying to feed two live rounds at the same time. If one is live and one is shot that's a different problem and not a double feed. It's impossible (for me) to tell from the pic above whether both those rounds are live or not.

Based on the post I suspect one round (bottom) is live and the other (top) has been fired. That sounds like extraction may or may not be happening properly or the rifle is failing to eject. Check your extractor, extractor spring, and ejector spring.

If it's ammo so weak that the gun isn't cycling reliably as it's set up and you're sure there are no gas leaks, then a lighter buffer, different spring, or A5 system could potentially remedy that. I have no experience with the ammo mentioned so I don't know if it's considered weak or not. I do know my 11.5" BCM with A5H3 and standard rifle spring from Vltor shoots Wolf all day long with no problem, suppressed or unsuppressed.
    Yep that's how it went down. FTE with the specific ammo noted above unsuppressed. Ran fine with the S&B unsuppressed with H buffer.
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by R0CKETMAN View Post
    Yep that's how it went down. FTE with the specific ammo noted above unsuppressed. Ran fine with the S&B unsuppressed with H buffer.
    On your 18" rifle do you have a midlength or rifle length gas system? Standard carbine action spring or something else?
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JG007 View Post
    Would a lighter H buffer do the same?
    A lighter buffer would increase the cycle rate on return to battery. This could cause feed issues if matched with the wrong spring. Spring has less mass to push where as the rear cycle is mostly a gas issue although spring does control the rear cycle. Too fast of a forward cycle could skip over the round too early.

It is all a combo even the mag spring needs to be taken into account which is the cheapest part or easiest to replace.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmaxfireman View Post
    I've had a couple of these in my 18" lately and all I can find is that this type of failure is magazine related. Can it be buffer related?
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    On your 18" rifle do you have a midlength or rifle length gas system? Standard carbine action spring or something else?
    Don't have an 18"..... see above

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by R0CKETMAN View Post
    Don't have an 18"..... see above
    Sorry. Got you two confused.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Rifle length gas system with an a1 receiver extension and a 6.8oz rifle buffer.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I run a BCM 11.5" with carbine spring and H3 buffer. Runs great suppressed as well as suppressed.
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JG007 View Post
    Both are said to increase reliability, but if you could only have the extra inch in front or in back, which would you choose (no jokes unless they are A+)
    FYI, my BCM intermediate A5 kit with Gunfighter stock is only about 5/8" longer than my Bushy "mil-spec" tube and stock. So at least the BCM version of the A5 system isn't a full inch longer.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto-X Fil View Post
    FYI, my BCM intermediate A5 kit with Gunfighter stock is only about 5/8" longer than my Bushy "mil-spec" tube and stock. So at least the BCM version of the A5 system isn't a full inch longer.
    The A5 RE is 0.75" longer than the carbine RE. Stocks can add to that or not when collapsed.

As an aside, for us in Maryland with silly SBR rules, the A5 plus a long stock (ACS or Emod) gets 9" uppers legal.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watrdawg View Post
    I'm shooting a Noveske 10.5" with a Springco spring and a H3 buffer and have had no issues at all.
    I'm running a Noveske 10.5" as well but with a H2 buffer and regular carbine spring. I don't have +2,000rds but it has run reliably for me so far.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345