Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Accuracy Consistancy issues

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mine weights in at 8.8lbs , about 13 with scope and bipod.

Id like to think my fundamentals are on par but im not that arrogant and I have gotten sloppy at times. I do not use a rear bag and know this could be part of the problem. If anything, ill have 2 barrels to compare as I went with BHW for this one. Ill get with some of the guys I work with and get myself turned in. Two of my partners just won both the East and West Sniper Craft. 1st place in Florida and California. I'm sure they can double check my fundamentals. Main reason I'm thinking I screwed up the barrel is I had better groups with an aimpoint before I got the scope and did the lapping. Only fired a few rounds with the scope before lapping and wasn't concerned at that time.

Currently have a PWS FSC30 brake and it keeps rear recoil mild but it does jump up a little from the ground. Not to bad while standing with a C-clamp grip and fighting stance. I may try some other brakes, Surefire Comp/ JP Cooley...... and see which I like the best. I have been slowly drilling a hole in the top to keep muzzle rise down to test the PWS.

The more I fire this gun the more I love it. The cycling is dialed in and after around 500 rounds, no feed/gas/ejection issues and just want to get this inside the 1moa field. Not worried about shooting single holes but want consistency and predictability.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Do you have a bolt action rifle to test the scope on? I would spend the time checking out every thing before you start replacing.

Do you know how to shoot a square with a rifle to test a scope?

Like others have said it could still be you or the bags you are using.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Don't have a bolt gun to test the scope on but comparing Irons from 50 and 100 yards I was getting the same type of groups. Ill print up a Mil box drill target. Talking about adjusting the scope dials but same hold point type of test? 5mil up/down confirm hits are off by 5 mil? I haven't done that yet to test.

Just ordered up a WieBad Berry bag. Ill borrow more to really get this locked down to test.
    Last edited by Ripdog33; 10-23-15 at 15:25.

Feedback Score
    The lightweight Magpul MOE SL stock is way on the light side for your build as well.

I would recommend the ACS instead, to add weight to the rear and balance out that carbine. Without a lot of tail end mass, they can be very jumpy.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LRRPF52 View Post
    The lightweight Magpul MOE SL stock is way on the light side for your build as well.

I would recommend the ACS instead, to add weight to the rear and balance out that carbine. Without a lot of tail end mass, they can be very jumpy.
    When I got the stock I was focusing on Heavy Metal 3 gun which Is why I am keeping the irons on it. I would have loved to get a fully adjustable stock but still want to keep it light and easy to maneuver. This set up with irons is really nice and comfortable to shoot standing. If this were a dedicated scoped rig, without a doubt I would have gotten a bit more stock. Just remembered while typing this. I actually have a spare ACS (although in FDE) sitting in a box in my garage I could throw on for range work and just swap them out.
    Last edited by Ripdog33; 10-23-15 at 15:41.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Ripdog "I'm pretty sure I screwed up a perfectly fine barrel"

At least you're man enough to admit it might have been your fault. I wish screwing up a barrel was the biggest mistake I ever made. A couple of ex wives come to mind!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12