Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Id like opinions on the Benelli Nova Tactical Shotgun please.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for the replies so far gents..keep em coming.
    As to lack of accessories....may I ask, what were yall wanting to add? Myself, all Ill add will be a buttstock shellholder. What else were you wanting but could not find?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Thanks for the replies so far gents..keep em coming.
    As to lack of accessories....may I ask, what were yall wanting to add? Myself, all Ill add will be a buttstock shellholder. What else were you wanting but could not find?
    I like to have a white light on every fighting weapon I own. I prefer a light on the forend Vs. a barrel clamp for a shotgun and at the time there wasn't anything available.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta0313 View Post
    I like to have a white light on every fighting weapon I own. I prefer a light on the forend Vs. a barrel clamp for a shotgun and at the time there wasn't anything available.
    Thanks for that answer. Do you know if there is a mount available now?

Feedback Score
    I love mine, added a picatinny rail for a red dot, just to mess around. love the little button on the forend for slug select, this option alone makes the Nova superior to the mossberg. which I own as well. never had an issue with mine, eats everything and shoots well
    Using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    The Beretta 1301 is probably a better SG. Check it out before buying anything else.

C4

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for that answer. Do you know if there is a mount available now?
    Surefire doesn't make a dedicated forend (style I used to run). Now I run a MOE forend with a M300 scout light but Magpul doesn't make their forends for anything other than Mossys and Remys...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    The Beretta 1301 is probably a better SG. Check it out before buying anything else.

C4
    Thank you Grant...I am wanting a pumpgun, and also the Beretta is a little out of my price range right now. What comments..pro or con..can you tell me about the Benelli Nova Tactical? Id appreciate your opinion. also, do you have accessories or know who does?
    Last edited by Straight Shooter; 10-23-15 at 15:39.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Thank you Grant...I am wanting a pumpgun, and also the Beretta is a little out of my price range right now. What comments..pro or con..can you tell me about the Benelli Nova Tactical? Id appreciate your opinion. also, do you have accessories or know who does?
    I have the Benelli M4, but have shot the Nova. If you want a Pump (which I am not a fan of), I would get the Remy 870P (make sure it is an LE model) and then outfit it with all the Magpul items you want.

C4

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I have the Benelli M4, but have shot the Nova. If you want a Pump (which I am not a fan of), I would get the Remy 870P (make sure it is an LE model) and then outfit it with all the Magpul items you want.

C4
    Thank you sir..I appreciate the advice!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I understand why most folds don't prefer pumps, but they are more than adequate for my purposes. If you want it primarily for HD/SHTF, I would have to concur with everyone else. Since I'm not really a shotgun guy, I prefer to put my money into platforms that I am more familiar with.

I don't think I really have a preference as to a Remington over Mossberg. I shot M500s when I was active duty, now I have to qualify with 870s. They've both made pretty good names for themselves regarding reliability and versatility. (Then again, see my post about my fairy gun mother :P)

One thing I DO like about the Nova is the ability to take 2 3/4", 3", and 3 1/2" shells. Again, I'm not particularly a shotty guy, but I don't know of whole lot tactical SGs that can take three different shell lengths. THAT DOESN'T MEAN THERE AREN'T, just that I don't know of them.

As far as accessories, I'm much more comfortable with a pistol grip as opposed to a regular shotgun stock. I also like having a light as part of the forend instead of in a clamp-on mount. I'm a southpaw, and my wife is normal, so I don't want a shell holder on the buttstock. I would like a saddle-mount that allows for both optics and shells, instead of one or the other. ...although, I've recently discovered the Velcro-backed thingamabobs (the name escapes me), and it seems pretty legit if you want to carry baucoup shells. I'm pretty sure there's a thread on here about them somewhere.
    Last edited by echo5whiskey; 10-23-15 at 20:58.
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"It is better to be thought a fool and to remain silent, than to speak and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast