Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MATECH BUIS on eBay, is this real, or bogus?

Feedback Score

MATECH BUIS on eBay, is this real, or bogus?

http://cgi.ebay.com/MATECH-BUIS-Back...QQcmdZViewItem

Can anyone comment on this item I saw on eBay, I'd like to get a MATECH BUIS for my AR-15 carbine, but I don't want to get ripped off. I know I should probably jjust e-mail the seller, and ask him about it, but just wanted to know what y'all thought.

~Augee

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    "peru_paintballer"

His name makes me wonder if he's trying to pass off Airsoft stuff as the real deal. There are a few guys in my Calculus class that are paintball geeks and when I told them I shot my M4 over the weekend they invited me to go do Airsoft with them After that I feel like Airsofters and paintballers are the same kind of people.

eta: My point being don't buy gun parts from airsofters/paintballers. There is a ton of fake crap out there.

Feedback Score

Good Deal!

I am not sure what they go for new, but I looked at one today just like that, but used and the guy wanted $120.00. They are made of solid Steel and are pretty beefy and heavy, but the ranging part of it is pretty cool and looks like it might work well.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That is wwayyyyyy over priced... It's Ebay... so you take your chances that it is real or imitation Airsoft Copy White metal junk and you don't need an adjustable elevation out to 600 meters on a BUIS (the Key word in that being BACK UP).....

other then that... yeah... it's a good deal....

Buy from one of the dealers here on this board... there reputable and your get what you pay for..... it's a no brainer.....

Feedback Score
    Hi, I just found this forum while searching for information on the Matech. I purchased one from this "peru_paintballer" guy on ebay and it looks genuine to me - rugged, steel, and well made. It came in the original GI packing. I was thinking of picking up another since these are so hard to find. FWIW, the seller had a .mil e-mail address. I have since read on other forums that there is an over-plentiful supply of these at the moment, as in boxes of these sights sitting around with no guns to put them on.

Feedback Score
    Used to be you couldn't touch a Matech for less than $150 new. Now I see many of them quite a bit lower in price. Maybe just an overabundant supply? Maybe copies?

Feedback Score
    I have been pondering buying one from him too.

If he has a .mil address, chances are they have been lifted from an armory somewhere!
    Better known as "The CAC"!

"One is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully."

By: Lt Col Jeff Cooper, U.S.M.C., RIP

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harv
    That is wwayyyyyy over priced... It's Ebay... so you take your chances that it is real or imitation Airsoft Copy White metal junk and you don't need an adjustable elevation out to 600 meters on a BUIS (the Key word in that being BACK UP).....

other then that... yeah... it's a good deal....

Buy from one of the dealers here on this board... there reputable and your get what you pay for..... it's a no brainer.....
    I couldn't agree more.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Akoni View Post
    Used to be you couldn't touch a Matech for less than $150 new. Now I see many of them quite a bit lower in price. Maybe just an overabundant supply? Maybe copies?

Just received mine today and after seeing the return address is a town outside a U.S. Army base, it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out why the market is seeing them pop up more frequently.

Hootbro

Feedback Score
    I bought one a while back, can't recall who I got it from, but it was an E-Bay purchase. $37.00 was a steal (most likely literally)!

I also got another BUIS from E-Bay, for $47.00. It was supposed to be a GG&G Mad sight, but I think it is a knock off! Well built, and I will have to put it through it's paces!
    Better known as "The CAC"!

"One is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully."

By: Lt Col Jeff Cooper, U.S.M.C., RIP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast