Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mossberg 500/590 setups

Feedback Score

Mossberg 500/590 setups

How do those of you who have a mossberg 500 or 590 have it set up? I am looking for something i can use for home defence and maybe a informal 3 gun match for fun.

Right now i have a 590 and a 500 and have a choate pistolgrip fixed stock on the 590 and the plain wood stocks on the 500. For sights i have a fiber optic front bead if you want to call it that on both of them. The 590 is a 20" and the 500 is a 18.5" but "feels" allot shorter than the 20". I would be tempted to modify my 590 to only be 18.5" but dont know that its really worth the trouble. As of now i dont have a light attached but want to change that once i can come up with a good solution.

I'm just trying to get ideas for what may work better for me so if you have pictures or comments please feel free to post them.

Feedback Score
    <Mesa Tactical> has some interesting accessories for your Mossbergs.

Hope you find what you're looking for and Enjoy!

Feedback Score
    I have the M500 Persuader. I mounted a light to the mag tube, added a sling, and cut the stock down to 13".

Feedback Score

500 Cruiser

I just fixed up my 500 Cruiser (Jagged, breach barrel)
    +SureFire fore end
    +Blackhawk (M4 like) Knoxx stock (recoil reducing)
    +Mesa 8 shot shell holder (Al versus plastic TacStar)
    +Orange follower (choate makes it I believe)
    +TruGlow front sight
    +extended (Al) Mossberg safety

Feedback Score

Light mount at 9 oclock is hard to see.

Feedback Score
    Any of you guys have issues with the soft rubber toe of the stock buttstock hanging up on things? Seems to happen to me a lot (new 500 owner).

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by blkexp98 View Post
    How do those of you who have a mossberg 500 or 590 have it set up? I am looking for something i can use for home defence and maybe a informal 3 gun match for fun.

Right now i have a 590 and a 500 and have a choate pistolgrip fixed stock on the 590 and the plain wood stocks on the 500. For sights i have a fiber optic front bead if you want to call it that on both of them. The 590 is a 20" and the 500 is a 18.5" but "feels" allot shorter than the 20". I would be tempted to modify my 590 to only be 18.5" but dont know that its really worth the trouble. As of now i dont have a light attached but want to change that once i can come up with a good solution.

I'm just trying to get ideas for what may work better for me so if you have pictures or comments please feel free to post them.
    • Hogue 12" LOP stock
    • Mesa 6-rd sidesaddle
    • Wolff magazine tube spring (cut to fit)
    • Vang Comp stainless steel tube follower

Very simple but, utilitarian.

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)

- Ghost ring sights with tritium front
    - TacStar 6-round side saddle
    - Hogue 12" LOP stock with Limbsaver slip on recoil pad
    - Specter Gear single point sling on Mesa receiver plate adapter
    - Cheap Uncle Mikes case that it hasn't been out of in over six months

If your Mossberg is for home defense, I would highly recomend a good white light. I have used the Surefire forends, mounts that clamp to the magazine extension and use a curly cord (such as the WLS 2000), and small weapon mounted lights attached to a railed forearm (Surefire X200 on a Falcon Industries three-rail forearm). By far the slickest set-up was the Surefire forearm. It is expensive and will require you grind off the bayonet lug on your 590. The Falcon Industries railed forearm with the light of your choice is a very good second option.

BTW, putting a reduced LOP stock on that 590 will make it feel quite a bit shorter.

Feedback Score
    Mossberg 500 Persuader/Cruiser 12ga (#50579)
    - (tossed the cruiser grip)
    - Vang Comp safety
    - TruGlo #16860 front sight
    - Limbsaver #10201 recoil pad
    - TacStar #1081159 side-saddle shotshell holder
    - GG&G #212 RH receiver sling mount
    - Specter #243-BLK MOUT sling
    - Lite Mount Technologies 25mm 3-rail mount
    - SureFire G2, #Z32 shock-isolated bezel & #Z49 click-on/lock-out tailcap, Command Arms #FAS2 mount

And just for fun ...

Mossberg 500 HS410 Home Security .410ga (#50539)
    -TruGlo #16860 front sight
    -Mossberg #46450-02A cruiser grip
    -Uncle Mike's #1403-3 QD Super Swivel
    -Uncle Mike's #26993 tactical shotgun sling
    KintlaLake
    KintlaLake Blog

"Blasphemy is an epithet bestowed by superstition upon common sense." (Robert Green Ingersoll)

Feedback Score
    My 590 has the 20" bbl. Don't have full gun pics handy, but have a few close-ups of the light setup. Had to go with the SF M70 forearm and VTAC mount. I wasn't interested in having the bayonet lug removed.

Otherwise the shotty has an oversize tritium dot in place of the bead and a side saddle. the Speedfeed stock came with it when I bought it 15 years ago.

I call the light my "Franken-light." It's an old 6P (my first ever SF) body with an old pressure cap, and a new LED head.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast