Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: How to shoot Part 1, 2

Feedback Score
    Its not just about SWAT high speed low drag big profile cases. There are also welfare checks, domestic violence assaults and warrants where either one party has allowed you in, or you are required to go in to check on some one - I know when I signed up for the job that some one told me that sometimes its just dangerous. The idea is that you protect yourself as best you can in every situation - no you probably wont be wearing a plate carrier for a welfare check, but the public has a certain expectation that you be willing to live with some level of risk doing this job, other wise why would a cop even go to work? Why have a SWAT team if your department or agency is never going to engage in anything high risk? It is just part of the territory. Do some places do it to often? yes, probably. But every one is a big boy and knows the risk.

Also there is a big difference between a hostage rescue entry and one that you would use (at least that we would use) for say a high risk warrant. HRT is by nature fast, violent and fluid - and it is about the only time you should be fast, violent and fluid. In most other cases entry and clearings should be slow, methodical and controlled, utilizing every asset you have - mirrors, shields, cameras, helmers, hard plate armor etc.
    Last edited by Preliator; 12-24-11 at 12:29.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567