Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
Thanks. Its not the most technical thread, but gives people a general idea. I have already had people tell me "oh I do that and didn't know it was wrong."

C4
Grant, Thanks for the great thread. I ask this question as a student, not a carbine expert by any means:

When I received training on the proper stance for a carbine, the instructor demonstrated the "CORRECT" stance you have above, but he also demonstrated another stance that is less bladed, and in fact more like what pistol instructors call an isosoles. Facing the target with knees bent and weight on the balls of your feet. I found that by facing the target with a more squared off stance, I can get a proper cheek weld faster, shoot more accurately, and it gives me a better frontal field of view. When firing his automatic M16, it allowed me to control the recoil much easier (though that's not an issue for me outside of class). It's not hugely different than the more bladed stance that looks like what you have in your picture, but I preferred it. Do you, or any of the other experts, see a problem with that type of stance?