Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Looking for a flat, straight Glock trigger? Pull up a chair and come inside.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    So I have a purely theoretical question about these; maybe knowledgeable people or even manufacturers will care to answer. If not, fine too. Whatever little I know about gunsmithing, a general goal is to make parts involved in firing the gun lighter, as long as ignition and durability aren't compromised. Lighter hammers, lighter strikers, all to improve cycling speed, maybe add some velocity, what have you. In a case of triggers this has held too, most high performing triggers in others designs are made lighter, see skeletonized or polymer 1911/2011. Setting aside a geometry change, why is it then not counter-productive to take a light polymer trigger shoe and replace it with clearly heavier billet shoe?

Feedback Score
    Is anybody running a different safety plunger with their aftermarket trigger? I ordered the Overwatch Precision DAT and the NP3 coated connector and was thinking about maybe trying the Apex safety plunger but was wondering what everyone else was doing.

Thanks.
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big A View Post
    Is anybody running a different safety plunger with their aftermarket trigger? I ordered the Overwatch Precision DAT and the NP3 coated connector and was thinking about maybe trying the Apex safety plunger but was wondering what everyone else was doing.

Thanks.
    This is similar to the setup I'll be installing in my Gen 4 19 this weekend (standard factory "-" connector until the NP3 one arrives)...

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    The Apex plunger works well with the DAT, at least in my 34.
    With a TTI connector and spring kit, I get a smooth, rolling break with no perceptible "wall".

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Hey Fellow Glock trigger modifier's....

I have recently chased my tail in a complete circle with my Gen 3 G19. I bought a minus connector, a 6# spring and Ny1 spring. After trying all different combinations of springs with both stock and minus connectors, I came right back to feeling the stock spring with stock connector gave the best feel. I hated how with the minus connector the 'wall' seemed to disappear and it felt a lot more like shooting a DA/SA in single action.

Now I am considering even trying the expensive route like buying a Overwatch DAT or SSvi Tyre trigger. My question is: will I think its worth the money? Will I still get light pre travel, and a crisp wall? Will a glock ever be comparable to a Gieselle SSA, or am I just wasting my money and should shoot it as is?
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtexan View Post
    I'm interested in adding a flat trigger to several of our Glocks, but for various reasons I'm looking for the following characteristics:

No significant reduction in pre-travel, overtravel, or pull weight
    All safeties remain operable
    Noticeable reduction in trigger reach
    No adjustments

I've read through the thread and didn't see any mention of a trigger (or shoe) with all these characteristics. Anyone know of one?
    Of all the ones I've tried (most of them) your best bet is probably going to be the Agency trigger. The only real reduction in pre-travel, over travel or pull weight are just due to the (improved) geometry of the flat trigger design. It is not a light "match" trigger like, say, the Zev setup is. That design is also responsible for the slightly shorter reach to the trigger as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Big A View Post

Thanks.
    Unless the trigger comes with its own safety plunger, I run them all with Apex plungers (and extractors too, FWIW). They are GtG.

Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    Hey Fellow Glock trigger modifier's....

I have recently chased my tail in a complete circle with my Gen 3 G19. I bought a minus connector, a 6# spring and Ny1 spring. After trying all different combinations of springs with both stock and minus connectors, I came right back to feeling the stock spring with stock connector gave the best feel. I hated how with the minus connector the 'wall' seemed to disappear and it felt a lot more like shooting a DA/SA in single action.

Now I am considering even trying the expensive route like buying a Overwatch DAT or SSvi Tyre trigger. My question is: will I think its worth the money? Will I still get light pre travel, and a crisp wall? Will a glock ever be comparable to a Gieselle SSA, or am I just wasting my money and should shoot it as is?
    A drop-in Glock trigger is NEVER, EVER going to be a Geissele trigger. Ever.

That being said, try one of the quality drop-ins (Agency, Overwatch, IGFS, Apex, etc) with the factory springs and then play with the connector (dot, stock or minus) until you find the feel that you like. Most of the perceived improvements are due to the geometry and shape of the trigger, so you'll still notice a big change, even with factory springs and connectors.
    Last edited by BlahBlah; 06-09-17 at 08:30.

Feedback Score
    I have had a Arsenal Democracy Bang Switch installed in my glock 19 for a few months , all safeties are intact thou the trigger rides the shelf just a little bit. I have dropped gun from about 5 ft and beat on table and safety held quite a few times.
    Putting the armor cover on to see the striker engagement, getting 100 percent engagement looks exactly like stock trigger does, no pre-travel at all they take a slice out of the vertical rise like a half moon to compensate for the pre travel taken out so the vertical rise doesn't push on striker plunger safety just sits on it in the cut out they made, its an interesting idea.
    I wouldn't carry it thou with no pre travel something about no pre travel makes me cringe on a Glock. its really nice to shoot at range have never felt a trigger quite like this type its got a feel all its own.
    Everyone that shoots my glock 19 with bang switch really likes it, think I have about 600 rounds shot with it installed so far.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I'm looking into aftermarket triggers for my Glocks. Lots of good info here. Bumping this thread so it doesn't disappear
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Has anyone here tried a CMC trigger yet?

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627