Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hyper Touch Trigger?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Trigger adjusters are a Bad Idea for an AR used for HD, training or hard use because it takes the travel out of the sear that's there before the trigger breaks. That travel is there for safety reasons, such as to prevent sear bounce from rough handling leading to an ND and to eliminate doubling and run-aways
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Trigger adjusters are a Bad Idea for an AR used for HD, training or hard use because it takes the travel out of the sear that's there before the trigger breaks. That travel is there for safety reasons, such as to prevent sear bounce from rough handling leading to an ND and to eliminate doubling and run-aways
    I have serious doubts it would work on the EDT anyway. The EDT parts are configured differently from the stock parts. I think these trigger adjusters are made for stock trigger parts only.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I've got one of the EDT units, and would recommend it. Go with the EDT2 if you shoot a lot of Russian stuff; they've added hammer weight to more reliably ignite hard primers.
    Last edited by GSMullins; 10-30-15 at 18:59.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    I agree for HD I would not use a adjuster but I did not see where this rifle is for home defense. Did I miss it?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've got an EDT as well. It's a good trigger. I like the wider trigger face. Compared to my ALG QMS triggers the EDT has less creep and a crisper feeling break. I like mine with the lighter spring.

Regarding the "more hammer weight = better ignition with harder primers" I'm not sure I get behind that camp. How can it impart more force on the primer when the energy releasing element in the system (hammer spring) is the same? I fell for that trick once by buying an Elftmann "AR-10" trigger which had a "heavier hammer to improve reliable ignition with .308 ammo" and had MANY weak primer strikes with it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt guy View Post
    I agree for HD I would not use a adjuster but I did not see where this rifle is for home defense. Did I miss it?
    RVTMaverick didn't say it wasn't for home defense.

The trigger adjuster takes up the travel that was put there to prevent the trigger sear from tripping from rough handling and to eliminate doubling and runaways; ergo, smart, knowledgeable AR owners do not use them
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I am one of those that also fear a trigger adjuster will cause problems if it ever loosened up. I once tried a friends rifle that had a compass lake 2 stage plunger spring and overtravel stop built into the safety. He had it adjusted too tight, so that the slop in the trigger would frequently hit the overtravel stop and not fire. Even with really small fine pitch screws, it takes such little adjustment that it just seemed too finicky. (bad adjustment forsure, in no way bashing CLE.) That is one of the reasons I like oversized trigger pins, less slop feels more consistent. That said Im sure they will work fine for most, just loctite it or stake it? And dont adjust them too tight!

Perhaps the heavier hammers minimize hammer bounce? Need to make tungsten filled h1 and h2 hammers! I'm only half kidding, imagine a weightless hammer, the hammer spring may bounce/vibrate on impact. Imagine hammering a nail with a super light hammer, even if you swing real hard, with more force than you swing a heavy hammer, you may not drive the nail as deep. Please correct me if I'm wrong, since I do not know how to calculate what I'm talking about.!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Can anyone document a single, first-person, experience of this? I don't mean hearsay or inference: has anyone who's installed a trigger take-up adjuster testify to such an effect as 'rough handling' ND, 'runaway' action, double fire? If so, let's hear it. I think this line of thought is academic, so prove me wrong. I've several "Joe-Bobs" takeup adjusters, and have not experienced a single malfunction: if there is a way to make it FU, convince mel.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have not heard of any actual cases, nor do I have any experience with a grip adjuster, nor do I doubt that they work perfectly when adjusted properly.

But, consider that aftermarket competition triggers have been known to cause doubles. (short trigger pull with short resets) I've even seen mention of certain geisseles doubling? I think it depends on the disconnector tolerances and the adjustment.

My fear of something loosening up or grip screw breaking is probably unfounded.
    Last edited by ouchonyee; 11-01-15 at 06:05.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    While I was waiting today, for all the details to roll in of trigger group malfunctions due to "rough handling", I decided to attempt to induce the malf in one of my carbines with mil-spec trigger group and take-up adjuster screw. With the weapon unloaded, hammer cocked, and selector switch set to "Fire", I slammed the lower receiver onto a piece of 2x4 pine from about two feet up, "mortared" the gun in an upright position, and slammed the fore-end down on the work bench hard enough to break a Magpul hand guard. I also turned it over and slammed it down on the top rail. Nothing happened: the trigger remained cocked over several trials.

Was this a definitive test? No, of course not: Murphy's always lurking in the bushes for the moment you can't afford for something to FU, before he does his thing. But at least it's a test on a real-world rifle, with real force applied, and that trumps all the hearsay and internet murmuring. So, I'm throwing the BS flag on the comments that the configuration is potentially problematic. If anybody can refute that, let's hear about it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast