Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hyper Touch Trigger?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've messed with enough triggers to have learned the hard way. Take up enough slack and the trigger will be unsafe. Or it will be borderline- until it gets a little wear. There's a reason why Geissele designed his good triggers as a two stage instead of a single stage to eliminate creep.

It's your rifle, it's your money
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    I've messed with enough triggers to have learned the hard way. Take up enough slack and the trigger will be unsafe. Or it will be borderline- until it gets a little wear. There's a reason why Geissele designed his good triggers as a two stage instead of a single stage to eliminate creep.

It's your rifle, it's your money
    Nothing added here, let's move on.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiz View Post
    I like mine quite a lot. a definite upgrade from the ALG but it is no Geisselle.
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    i have the enhanced duty trigger in my retro build - i like it. a little bit of creep as mentioned above, but much improved over the stock trigger and priced right for what you get.
    Same here. I've had an EDT for 6 months and like it much better than a GI trigger, including the ALG options. But it is not in the same league as the Geissele-branded two stage triggers. It's a very good value for what it is.

Geissele has a huge fan club, of which I am a charter member, but Hiperfire also seems to be run by people who are engineers and know what they are doing, which is more than I can say for some trigger sellers.

Without getting into the fracas over trigger adjuster safety, I'd just say that I wouldn't use one with an EDT, primarily because it's not identical to a GI trigger and I'm not sure how the adjuster would work with it, and it already has a very short pull - probably designed at minimum safe sear engagement. If you want a smoother or lighter pull than the EDT, pony up for a Geissele.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Given that, can anybody compare their higher end offerings to Geissele's?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GSMullins View Post
    Nothing added here, let's move on.
    Either folks come here to learn......or post stupid fanboy comments.
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    [QUOTE=
    Regarding the "more hammer weight = better ignition with harder primers" I'm not sure I get behind that camp. How can it impart more force on the primer when the energy releasing element in the system (hammer spring) is the same? I fell for that trick once by buying an Elftmann "AR-10" trigger which had a "heavier hammer to improve reliable ignition with .308 ammo" and had MANY weak primer strikes with it.[/QUOTE]

Its due to a small physics item called "inertia".
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    Its due to a small physics item called "inertia".
    But the former sEaL ranger coast guard sniper at the gun shop told me.....
    "I pity thou, fools who dost not choose BCM" - King Arthur 517 A.D.

.OlllllllO.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123