Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 modifications - disconnector advice please

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Glock 19 modifications - disconnector advice please

OK....got a box stock Glock 19. Got a set of CTC laser grips (thanks to board member thetallengineer) will be getting the Vickers/Tango Down mag release (and with the CTC grips this is definitely needed as the addition makes it very difficult for me to release the magazine without changing my grip), getting some Warren Tactical sights (front night sight plain rear), and now for where I need the advice because I'm placing an order with Brownells Monday. Which disconnector should I order? This will be a carry gun, and was thinking one of the 3.5lb connectors would be a good addition, but which one (see link)???
    http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/sto...&ps=10&si=True

Thanks for any help,

ADH

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The Ghost connector has worked well for me...but I didn't run it for very long. GotM4 is the guy to ask about that, as he's a whiz with Glocks.

Feedback Score
    I used a 3.5lb Glock connector in my G19 for while(while I owned it), but I switched it back to stock. I felt that it was a bit "Mushy" and the reset was more faint than the stock setup. I didn't care for the feel of it personally, but you may like it.

That is the only one I have experience with. Hopefully people with more experience can chime in regarding the other connectors.

Good luck

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    I prefer the factory connector and a 25cent trigger job. In my experience when a lighter connector is used the reset becomes weaker.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaSoldier View Post
    I prefer the factory connector and a 25cent trigger job. In my experience when a lighter connector is used the reset becomes weaker.
    Not sure what you mean by a 25cent trigger job

Feedback Score
    I think he is talking about this....

http://www.alpharubicon.com/mrpoyz/glock/

Not sure though, as I have never done it.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Sauce View Post
    I used a 3.5lb Glock connector in my G19 for while(while I owned it), but I switched it back to stock. I felt that it was a bit "Mushy" and the reset was more faint than the stock setup. I didn't care for the feel of it personally

I did the exact same thing. I used a Lonewolf connector and did not like the different feel in the trigger pull. Try it and see. It's very easy to change. David

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Something you may want to look at. I put a 3.5 connector in mine in conjunction with a NY (olive) trigger. It changes the feel of the trigger and I feel that this is a good set up. All of my Glocks are set up like this now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Something you may want to look at. I put a 3.5 connector in mine in conjunction with a NY (olive) trigger. It changes the feel of the trigger and I feel that this is a good set up. All of my Glocks are set up like this now.
    I am curious about this setup myself.

How exactly does it change the feel of the trigger?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Sauce View Post
    I am curious about this setup myself.

How exactly does it change the feel of the trigger?
    I recently put this setup (factory 3.5# connector + NY1 olive spring) in my G19. To me, the weight doesn't feel much different than the factory setup; but overall the trigger is less mushy, and the most noticeable difference is that reset is much crisper. So far I'm liking it.

Derek
    An evil soul wields an evil sword.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast