Thread: "I Kick Hippies" SLAP Plate Specs.

Feedback Score

"I Kick Hippies" SLAP Plate Specs.

This is my first post after having lurked on here more times that I care to mention while building my rifle. I slapped a complete Windham Weaponry upper on an lower I put together out of parts. I decided that I wanted to go fixed stock, but with a carbine tube in case I choose to change it later. I ended up with a magpul FCS (Fixed Carbine Stock). As an AR noob I'm now thinking of all the things you don't think about when you build your first rifle, like quality sling mounts. The FCS comes with integral loops, and the option to put a magpul QD point kit in the stock. My stock is ASAP compatible, but I'm not that big of a fan. Heard of more than a few breaking both in use and during staking. Plenty of ACTS guys at the local range when asked recommended the SLAP plate from "I Kick Hippies" over it. Problem is, I cannot find specs for it anywhere as to whether or not it fits the FCS with the ASAP adapter installed.

Please help me. If you do not have an FCS, but do have the IKH SLAP plate, please post a photo with calipers or a tape measure showing how far it extends from the receiver. If you just so happen to have that plate with an FCS I would love your opinion on it and to hear how it works for you. Looking at google images it appears to be a close fit just eyeballing it. I can always install a VLTOR SASE plate, but I would prefer to not have a sling loop protruding from the side of my receiver if possible. I have no intention of switching from HK hooks to QD mounts. I already have a two point sling rigged with hooks that I really like.

Links

FCS: http://www.magpul.com/products/moe-f...stock-mil-spec

SLAP Plate: http://ikickhippies.com/

Thanks for the help ahead of time. I'm sick and tired of rigging this thing.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I have never seen or heard of a ASAP failing or breaking. The ikickhippies slap plate came back in the days of the MagPul DVDs. While MagPul was still doing the R&D, this guy made the SLAP plate and sold tons on TOS. I have used both, and IMO the ASAP works better with the added ring that you attach your sling to.

Not much help, but I haven't seen a SLAP in ages. Best I can remember it was thicker then the ASAP.

Feedback Score
    Sorry for the seriously delayed reply. Not a good weekend. The biggest ASAP complaint I've heard was that the earliest production plates would crack during staking, but like yourself I've never seen it. Suppose I shouldn't just write it off. It sucks having little first hand experience with AR's. There is a treasure trove of parts, and a lot of biased opinion. I'll probably go ASAP (as I know there is no chance of compatibility issues). If I just so happen to have trouble, magpul makes these things right. I'll run an IWC mount-n-slot mount on my m4 hand guard, and look into a better sling in the next year. The biggest factor for me is the SLAP plate was $10 cheaper, and didn't have that ring on it. Seems like it would rattle a lot. But that's easily remedied if it is an issue.

Thank you for the reply. It was indeed not a lot of help, but it was certainly better than nothing.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I had the IKH plate on an AR I sold a while back. It worked well, but the edges were so sharp it actually cut into the polymer on my sling buckles.
    Last edited by DirectTo; 11-01-15 at 23:58.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DirectTo View Post
    I had the IKH plate on an AR I sold a while back. It worked well, but the edges were so sharp it actually cut into the polymer on my sling buckles.
    I've heard of that happening if your using para clips, There are some nasty photos on google images. The ASAP may be the way to go.

Feedback Score
    The ASAP is fine. If you don't like the rattle, wrap the ring in electrical tape, or cut it off and attach directly to the loop on the plate.