Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SilencerCo Hybrid

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

SilencerCo Hybrid

I don't see a thread on this, just a couple brief mentions in the general Maxim Vice discussion.

The idea of a one-can-fits-all is pretty cool, especially at the listed size and weight:

https://modernrifleman.net/2015/09/1...announcements/

13.7 oz, 7.6" long, 1.5" dia. That is pretty awesome for a can you can use on .338LM.

But, the ideal use seems to be a big-bore AR. None of the other available .458-.50 cans are even close to this size. I think I have my brother-in-law talked into buying a .458 SOCOM upper and this can. 500gr bullets at 1050fps? Heck yes!

Let's just hope those specs are accurate. They seem too good to be true.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto-X Fil View Post
    I don't see a thread on this, just a couple brief mentions in the general Maxim Vice discussion.

The idea of a one-can-fits-all is pretty cool, especially at the listed size and weight:

https://modernrifleman.net/2015/09/1...announcements/

13.7 oz, 7.6" long, 1.5" dia. That is pretty awesome for a can you can use on .338LM.

But, the ideal use seems to be a big-bore AR. None of the other available .458-.50 cans are even close to this size. I think I have my brother-in-law talked into buying a .458 SOCOM upper and this can. 500gr bullets at 1050fps? Heck yes!

Let's just hope those specs are accurate. They seem too good to be true.
    Can also be used with pistol pistons. Would be an awesome all around range can.

My interest in definitely peaked, but only if they offer a Trifecta MAAD mount option.... if the last 2 suppressors (Harvester, and Omega) are of any indication, then I see SiCo screwing us Trifecta mount owners over again. I have Zero interest in buying new mounts for all my rifles and Saker suppressors.

If I had a crystal ball when SiCo released the Saker I would have went with the ASR MAAD mount... little did I know SiCo would deep six their premier mount within 8 months of rolling it out.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    Can also be used with pistol pistons. Would be an awesome all around range can.

My interest in definitely peaked, but only if they offer a Trifecta MAAD mount option.... if the last 2 suppressors (Harvester, and Omega) are of any indication, then I see SiCo screwing us Trifecta mount owners over again. I have Zero interest in buying new mounts for all my rifles and Saker suppressors.

If I had a crystal ball when SiCo released the Saker I would have went with the ASR MAAD mount... little did I know SiCo would deep six their premier mount within 8 months of rolling it out.
    Looks like ASR
    http://i62.tinypic.com/o9pd79.jpg

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses_J View Post
    That's definitely an ASR. But it looks like the MAAD mount!

Hybrid:
    o9pd79.jpg

ASR MAAD mount:
    image_6429.jpg

Omega with ASR
    received_10204016149470910.jpeg_zpsu476n3x3.jpg
    Last edited by domestique; 11-02-15 at 21:46.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That's definitely an ASR. But it looks like the MAAD mount!

ASR MAAD mount:
    [IMG]cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0157/8968/products/Saker_51T_mount_1024x1024.png?v=1391017320[/IMG]
    Since it does have the name Hybrid, maybe it uses both

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses_J View Post
    Since it does have the name Hybrid, maybe it uses both
    That's what I'm hoping for.

I would definitely but a Hybrid to go along with my Sakers and Octane suppressors...... now I just need SiCo top build me a Saker 762 K!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I take it back. The more I look at the pictures, the more it looks like the Omega ASR mount.

It would truly be shameful for SiCo to drop the Trifecta MAAD mounts soo soon.

I guess I could always get a local machine shop to spin me up am adapter.

IMG_2036.jpg

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It would truly be shameful for SiCo to drop the Trifecta MAAD mounts soo soon.
    Why would they keep two competing designs in their lineup that perform exactly the same function with no difference in performance?

There is a differentiation between say... the Omega and the Saker, or the Sparrow and the Spectre. For mounts though?

Kill the MAAD... and ASR from here on out.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    ASR and Trifecta are both good mounts. However, I will continue to say ASR>Trifecta. Have both, so it comes from experience. Sparrow and Sprectre are both 1/2x28 direct thread.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
    Why would they keep two competing designs in their lineup that perform exactly the same function with no difference in performance?

There is a differentiation between say... the Omega and the Saker, or the Sparrow and the Spectre. For mounts though?

Kill the MAAD... and ASR from here on out.
    It seems ASR has definitely taken priority with the new blast shield using it and possibly the Hybrid.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast