Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SilencerCo Hybrid

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
    Why would they keep two competing designs in their lineup that perform exactly the same function with no difference in performance?

There is a differentiation between say... the Omega and the Saker, or the Sparrow and the Spectre. For mounts though?

Kill the MAAD... and ASR from here on out.

The MAAD mount offers 2 unique features over the ASR: the ability for users to run multiple mounts (AAC, YHM, we hoped SF eventually etc. ) It also allows users to mount the suppressor under handguards (if you are into that sort of thing)....... ironically I have use for neither of those features.

I agree that the MAAD mount is more complicated, harder to manufacture, longer and heavier. Unfortunately for me and many others the Saker/MAAD Ttifecta combo was suppose to be the end all be all and that's what I bought into. I've personally have had no problems with my Sakers and MAAD mounts. I keep them clean/tight, and everything runs perfectly.

I currently have 3 mounting systems: Surefire, MAAD Trifecta, and Thunderbeast's CB mount. I personally have no use or want for another mounting system to juggle. If SiCo continues with the ASR, then I will happily buy more Surefire or TBAC cans. The Hybrid is really tempting, and I may still get it if they don't offer a MAAD option, but I'll just use it as a direct thread.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    ASR and Trifecta are both good mounts. However, I will continue to say ASR>Trifecta. Have both, so it comes from experience. Sparrow and Sprectre are both 1/2x28 direct thread.
    Trifecta is the three prong FH, MAAD is the mount you are referring to.

I wish they would just announce it's death and stop pissing people off already.

Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    I agree that the MAAD mount is more complicated, harder to manufacture, longer and heavier. Unfortunately for me and many others the Saker/MAAD Ttifecta combo was suppose to be the end all be all and that's what I bought into.
    Sounds amazingly similar to Keymod vs. MLOK.

(Keymod can go die now too...)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Trifecta is the three prong FH, MAAD is the mount you are referring to.

I wish they would just announce it's death and stop pissing people off already.

Sounds amazingly similar to Keymod vs. MLOK.

(Keymod can go die now too...)
    Trifecta refers to both the FH and the brake. MAAD is just the module (i.e MAAD ASR, MAAD AAC, MAAD YHM, MAAD Trifecta).

Screenshot_2015-11-03-09-52-18.jpg

I agree. I like the feel of MLOK..... too bad I have LMT's SLK LM8/CMR/URX abortion of a rail system on my MWS rifles.
    Last edited by domestique; 11-03-15 at 08:53.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just took delivery of a saker with the expectation of buying more cans that share one mounting system. The question is... do I abandon the saker mounts while I'm only a few deep into it, or just stick with it? If not... which to use? I'm trying not to end up like domestique.
    It's very disappointing to buy into Betamax two weeks before they give up on it. Frustrating.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thei3ug View Post
    I just took delivery of a saker with the expectation of buying more cans that share one mounting system. The question is... do I abandon the saker mounts while I'm only a few deep into it, or just stick with it? If not... which to use? I'm trying not to end up like domestique.
    It's very disappointing to buy into Betamax two weeks before they give up on it. Frustrating.
    You can sell the MAAD Trifecta module and mounts, and then go with the MAAD ASR mount.

I personally would wait until shot show 2016 to confirm what SiCo is going to do.

ASR allows you to go Omega, Harvester, Harvester 338, and Hybrid (it's not confirmed if the Hybrid is getting the Trifecta mount option).
    Last edited by domestique; 11-03-15 at 08:58.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I wouldn't say that the Trifecta is dead, just because they are not incorporating it into the current, new line of suppressors. They are still making Sakers, and there is still a use and demand for the Trifecta. The MAAD offers many options, and people like options.

The BE Meyers 249 Saker FH came out not long ago, so it isn't really going away. Besides, when they produce a 762 Saker K, many will want the Trifecta to tuck it under the rail of their 300Blk.

To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I wouldn't say that the Trifecta is dead, just because they are not incorporating it into the current, new line of suppressors.
    Of course Trifecta isn't dead... I'm putting ASR Trifecta's on everything- Including my FAL carbine.

MAAD is dead.

The BE Meyers 249 Saker FH came out not long ago, so it isn't really going away.
    Oh, well then that settles it...

Besides, when they produce a 762 Saker K, many will want the Trifecta to tuck it under the rail of their 300Blk.
    No, I don't think anyone would want a centerfire rifle can underneath their rail system.

That style is whack.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It's not bad with 300BLK sub-only. The can barely gets warm unless you're doing mag dumps on a hot day.

For 5.56... Holy crap does my can get hot! I assume full-power BLK is closer to that.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    My MAAD is still alive, and allows me to run my Saker K on errthing 5.56 that I shoot. I only have a couple Trifecta mounts, and ASR on everything else. As long as Sakers are being produced and purchased, MAAD's will still be produced and purchased.

I don't run a suppressor under a rail, but plenty of people do.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    Of course Trifecta isn't dead... I'm putting ASR Trifecta's on everything- Including my FAL carbine.

MAAD is dead.
    Everyone is discussing the same thing, but using different terminology.
    Silencerco's terms are confusing. MAAD mounts go on saker suppressors, and mate up with Trifecta (saker standard), ASR, Yankee Hill, and 51T muzzle devices.
    The "Specwar/Omega Trifecta" muzzle brakes and flash hiders work with the ASR system - be it native Specwar suppressors, Harvester/Omega suppressors with the ASR mounts, or the ASR MAAD mount.

I think MAAD is a great idea. Liberty even made an adapter, so that their Mystic X cans could be used with the variety of muzzle devices that the MAAD system has designs for.

Two things bother me. First, there is no practical reason the Omega cannot be "Trifecta" (vs ASR) compatible. If they could machine a mount the screws into a tubular suppressor on one end, and interfaces with the ASR system on the other, they could make Omega mounts for all the same muzzle devices that the MAAD system accommodates (Trifecta, 51T, etc). They could also make an adapter to fit existing MAAD mounts to the Omega body. I do not understand their position on this.

Second, my Trifecta MAAD mount is giving me trouble. Maybe that's why Silencerco seems to be favoring the ASR mount now. My last two range trips I have moved my hot Saker 762 from a 556 upper to a 300BLK upper and have it get stuck to the muzzle device. The first time I had to use a strap wrench to ratchet it off. The second time it stuck on their so well I wound up unscrewing the suppressor body from the MAAD mount, then bludgeoning the MAAD mount off the muzzle brake. Makes me seriously consider getting a SpecwarK for my next can. Trifecta system doesn't seem to offer and advantage, besides one-handed operation - there are a lot of internets threads about stuck saker mounts.
    Last edited by dkv; 11-03-15 at 23:12.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast