Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SilencerCo Hybrid

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    MAAD only makes sense if you're new to the market and trying to get your product in as many hands as possible.
    Once your established, it stops making sense. The interface itself is a whole other problem, as mentioned before.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dkv View Post
    Silencerco's terms are confusing. MAAD mounts go on saker suppressors, and mate up with Trifecta (saker standard)...
    They are not confusing at all.

Trifecta muzzle devices come in ASR mount and MAAD mount. (Perhaps the only confusing part is calling the three chamber brake and the three prong FH "trifecta").

Trifecta is not "the Saker Standard," MAAD is.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBK
    I only have a couple Trifecta mounts, and ASR on everything else.
    I have all Trifecta devices... and they're all ASR mounts.

Two things bother me. First, there is no practical reason the Omega cannot be "Trifecta" (vs ASR) compatible.
    You've got it backwards, homey.

I think the Saker will go ASR, and the MAAD will die.

Second, my Trifecta MAAD mount is giving me trouble.
    Cue taps...

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I get what you are saying, but you are incorrect with your terminology. The Sakers ship with the Trifecta MAAD, which mounts to the Saker Trifecta FH and Brake. The MAAD is on the suppressor, Saker Trifecta is the muzzle device. The Specwars use the ASR (Active Spring Rentention) system to mount to the muzzle device. The ASR attaches to the Specwar Trifecta FH and Brake.

The MAAD is what allows me to put a Saker K on my Specwar muzzle devices.

SilencerCo Muzzle Devices/MAAD Mounts
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
    They are not confusing at all.

Trifecta muzzle devices come in ASR mount and MAAD mount. (Perhaps the only confusing part is calling the three chamber brake and the three prong FH "trifecta").

Trifecta is not "the Saker Standard," MAAD is.

I have all Trifecta devices... and they're all ASR mounts.

You've got it backwards, homey.

Close, but not 100% correct.

Trifecta is not ASR specific either. SiCo uses the term "Trifecta" for all of it's muzzle devices... that's where the terminology gets confusing for people. SiCo calls the mounts Saker Trifecta or Omega Trifecta..... both clearly use the term Trifecta, by one uses the MAAD, and the other the ASR to attach to the suppressor body.

10295429_674759555905298_869082699333591446_o.jpg

MAAD stands for: "Multiple Accessory Attachment Device". The Term MAAD was not meant to be Saker specific, but only the attachment point to the Saker and future Suppressor bodies..... if SiCo would continue with their original plans to use the MAAD system it would then not just be Saker specific. The Term "Trifecta MAAD" is Saker specific as you and most know it as (because they haven't used the MAAD on any other suppressors yet). But the Saker also has AAC MAAD, YHM MAAD, and ASR MAAD. To attach the MAAD to the Saker body you use the Saker TRIFECTA brakes/flash hiders. To attach the ASR MAAD to the Ssker body you use Omega/Specwar Trifecta bakes/flash hiders.

Clear as mud! Mostly due to Silencerco and SWR merging and bringing different technology, but sharing the same terminology for brakes and flash hiders.

Screenshot_2015-11-04-09-58-09.jpg

I too can say: "I have all Trifecta mounts".... and they are all TRIFECTA MAAD mounts... not the ASR MAAD or ASR mounts
    Last edited by domestique; 11-04-15 at 09:51. Reason: Edited to clarify certain points
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Right now NickB is reading this thread and thinking:

1) How are people supposed to buy our products if they don't know or can't agree on what they're called?

2) How can we communicate to the public that MAAD is dead... and not start a riot?

3) Why are we having all these... AAC-type problems?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
    Right now NickB is reading this thread and thinking:

1) How are people supposed to buy our products if they don't know or can't agree on what they're called?

To qoute you: "They are not confusing at all."

2) How can we communicate to the public that MAAD is dead... and not start a riot?

Shot Show 2016 is going to be either the revival or final nail in the coffin for the MAAD mount, IMHO. A prominent insider rumor is that SiCo didn't want to compete with Saker and MAAD mount sales after all the r&d. The fact that SiCo employees have been seen with MAAD mount harvesters and Omegas is interesting. I think SiCo wanted to keep the cost, weight and length down on the Omega to market it to people wanting a lighter/less robust option to the Saker.

3) Why are we having all these... AAC-type problems?

Too many hipster commercials.
    I truly believe that the release of the Hybrid/Shot Show 2016 will give us the final answer to this silly debacle. If the Hybrid lives up to the hype, I may be swayed to go ASR for specific projects...... but I'll grumble doing so!

If the Hybrid flops, I'll spend my money on a TBAC Ultra 5/7 or another SF.
    Last edited by domestique; 11-04-15 at 11:03. Reason: Stupid auto correct
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    To qoute you: "They are not confusing at all."
    I said that before I realized the brake was a Trifecta too. That doesn't make any sense.

My ASR-Trifecta-brake is just sitting around though.

Shot Show 2016 is going to be either the revival or final nail in the coffin for the MAAD mount...
    Regardless of whether it's better or as-good-as ASR, it's already dead.

Also dead:

Keymod
    .45 GAP
    CD Music Albums

I think SiCo wanted to keep the cost, weight and length down on the Omega to market it to people wanting a lighter/less robust option to the Saker.
    I think SilencerCo (I hate hearing/seeing SiCo) wanted to keep cost, weight, length down on the Omega because it would make it a better can. It's quieter too... and that's the name of the game, chico.

Saker is more robust... which is cool and all... but not at the expense of every-single-other-variable. Let it be just tougher and heavier and then we can rack our brains over which one to buy.

Too many hipster commercials.
    They are going in the wrong direction on their marketing/ placement. Noveske too. The infection is spreading.

Feedback Score
    Actually.......They're ALL considered MAAD mounts..........Everything from the 51T to the Trifecta to the ASR. We need to stop assuming MAAD will die. It won't. Perhaps the "Trifecta" MAAD will go away, however.......

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by billybronco View Post
    Actually.......They're ALL considered MAAD mounts..........Everything from the 51T to the Trifecta to the ASR.
    Well now that just sounds like copyright infringement...

We're talking about this crazy ass Stargate looking thing:

Let it be no more. ASR from here on out.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Some news articles/blog posts have alluded that these are going to handle 338 Lapua, but I haven't been able to find anything official from Silencerco. Can anyone else confirm or deny? I would pre-order now if that was the case.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast