Thread: .300 Blackout gel test: 125 gr REAPR

Feedback Score

.300 Blackout gel test: 125 gr REAPR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXoTUk1-r1w

125 gr REAPR fired from 8" 1:7" AR into calibrated 10% ordnance gelatin.
    BB calibration: 597.3 fps, 3.6"
    For reference, the gel block is approximately 14" long.

Big thank you to Ed Avila of AR15.com for providing the upper and ammunition for testing.
    In case you missed the test of the 200 gr subsonic version: https://youtu.be/fTne55R3dK8

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    regarding your older 200gr video.....that bullet fired without the denim cover is one nasty looking fish hook.

are there any LE agencies using 300blk subsonics for entry teams?

Feedback Score
    I have no idea, but I doubt it. Subsonic anything gives up all the wounding advantage of a rifle cartridge. Sure, it's quiet when suppressed, but it wounds like a pistol. There really is no practical purpose for subsonic .300 AAC outside discrete hunting or maybe some James Bond/Seal Team 6 crap. The whole "taking out a sentry quietly" thing isn't really a thing in the real world.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    that was always my thinking on the 300blk subsonic loads. i didnt see it doing anything better than a suppressed 9mm.

nice conversation piece or table ornament though. and as always, thanks for all your gel testing. when you going to get to that barnule 7.62x39 soft point?

Feedback Score
    Thank you. LOL. I am getting to it. I've got so much stuff to test. I didn't do any gel tests for a while because my gelatin spoiled when it got hot in my garage fridge and I couldn't afford to buy more. I'm back to gel testing now, but the holidays are coming and that makes scheduling difficult. It is on my short list and I promise to get to it soon.