Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TRIGGER RECOMMENDATIONS

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That's interesting on the RRA failures. A bad batch of triggers sounds like a likely story. I function-tested mine carefully at install, to ensure there was sufficient margin. They seemed solid. Admittedly, these are toy guns, and the only build that was for me personally has seen 1-1.5k rounds in the last five years (I don't keep a notebook on toys, but I do know how many 69gr SMKs I bought for it.)

Regarding the stoned triggers - they were parts-bin matched and lightly polished. I've heard nothing but good things about them, and my experience has been great.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fallenromeo View Post
    .OP, I hope you have a better experience with that trigger, and as long as you are happy with it, that is all that matters. But I personally will never put a RRA 2-stage in any rifle I own ever again.
    Same. I've had issues over the years with their triggers going to shit after a few thousand rounds, their heat treat sucks IMO. I've put 10k through a Geissele S3G and it feels the same today as it did when I bought it.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    Same. I've had issues over the years with their triggers going to shit after a few thousand rounds, their heat treat sucks IMO. I've put 10k through a Geissele S3G and it feels the same today as it did when I bought it.
    After years of trying all different kinds of triggers I finally gave Geissele a try.
    All I can say is every AR platform I own now has a Geissele trigger.

My two favorites are the SDE and the SD-3G.

Sent from my  iPhone 6 plus and posted via Tapatalk.
    RANGE TIME on Facebook
    RANGE TIME on Instagram
    RANGE TIME on Twitter
    NRA Life Member/RSO

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    There really is no such thing as a toy gun. There is no reason not to spend the money on a G-trigger.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    There really is no such thing as a toy gun. There is no reason not to spend the money on a G-trigger.
    Absolutely.

People will spend insane amounts of money then cheap out by installing a piece of shit Rock River trigger.
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ouchonyee View Post
    My pick is Geissele G2S-E from Brownells.

Supposed to be comparable to a SSA-E, but for a little less than a SSA I believe. (~$190)

RRA seems to have many good reviews, I think it may have been a bad batch or two that gave it a bad reputation.
    Sounds like you got a deal on one, not much risk for a precision build, hope it works out!
    I've never heard of a bad batch lasting for years. The issues with the RRA triggers have been reported continuously since at least 2010.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
    I've never heard of a bad batch lasting for years. The issues with the RRA triggers have been reported continuously since at least 2010.
    Thanks for clearing that up! Guess some don't have a high enough round count to really know.

On a related note, I really liked the KNS oversize pins, until I noticed Mr. Geissele mention in a video he didn't like aftermarket oversize pins because of size and lack of heat treatment, I then noticed my KNS anti-rotate trigger pin had slight wear from the disconnector, with a geissele G2S that had only been dry fired, maybe 500 times. The disconnector was starting to leave a groove with sharply defined edges. It wasn't anything you could really feel at that point, but it was definately starting to wear.

Feedback Score
    Just a heads up… I received an email from Geissele that they will be having a black Friday sale on some of their triggers.
    Something to look at if you're still in the market for a new trigger.

Screen Shot 2015-11-23 at 6.27.42 PM.jpg
    RANGE TIME on Facebook
    RANGE TIME on Instagram
    RANGE TIME on Twitter
    NRA Life Member/RSO

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ex95B10 View Post
    Just a heads up… I received an email from Geissele that they will be having a black Friday sale on some of their triggers.
    Something to look at if you're still in the market for a new trigger.

Screen Shot 2015-11-23 at 6.27.42 PM.jpg
    Thanks for the heads up. I bought my first Geiselle (SSA-E) a few months back and have been wanting a couple more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Trigger is one thing you dont go cheap on. If i was you i save up a little and buy a quality trigger like a Geissele or something comparable. One thing i cant stand is a rifle with a crappy trigger. But remember you usually get what you pay for.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast