Thread: New Purchase

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

New Purchase

I reacted to impulse and bought a new handgun, which is a real piece of shit, and I bought it anyway. The "weapon" is a DoubleTap derringer in .45 acp. It weighs 13 oz, has a very nicely machined aluminum frame, and appears well made. Trigger pull is 15 lbs. Firing this thing caused extreme pain, and its many ports made it really loud. I used to shoot elephant rifles for thrills. They hurt but not like the DT, which made me dance around in pain while yelling.

I don't object so much that it flies open after each shot. I can live with the fact that it shoots 10 feet high at 7 yards.. But the pain is terrible. Now I know why the other guy sold it to me so cheap. If only I can find another sucker.

I needed to confess. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm replying to my op above. Today I read the instruction manual's fine print and learned that the DT company will not publish its address for returns and will only "tell it to" a federally licensed dealer who calls them for info on returning the gun. That's a new one on me, and with Eurodriver's permission I shall discover this double secret location and post it on all the other forums. Nobody else here would buy this jewel. Let me think. Ex Marines like almost any gun with a big hole, and this one has two holes.....

Feedback Score
    Does it fire each round sequentially or both rounds at once? Also, does it specify its location of manufacturer as Earth?
    Last edited by FishTaco; 11-07-15 at 23:43.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This article may be helpful in getting a lead on the company. http://www.guns.com/2014/07/10/doubl...but-a-whimper/
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    I ran across them some time back. I want to say they're based in MO.

ETA:
    Yep, quick Google search and found the address.

http://heizerdefense.com/contact-us/contact-info/
    Last edited by .46caliber; 11-08-15 at 07:43.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Fish, it fires each sequentially. Earth is written on the side. I fixed the slam open trait by removing all lube from locking mechanism and then improving fit therein using an old Fud trick--slamming it shut with force about 10 times. The piece appears very well made but is doomed because it's a derringer and KICKS. Its redeeming qualities are thinness and very light weight. I carry the thing, which will be useful if an attacker is on top of me. I may try a cast bullet 185 grain target load in it to see if I can reduce recoil enough to make it useable for me. I hate to say that I carry it for fear that someone might ask me if it's my full time self-defense weapon. Sometimes, though, the thing is in my pants somewhere.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Double Tap Defense in Devils Lake, North Dakota makes my gun. I'm almost certain that Heizer is the company that the Double Tao designer split off from.

I located my outfit by searching with identifiers firearm licensees(FFL).
    Last edited by williejc; 11-08-15 at 17:32. Reason: spelling