Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the golden standard AR-10 multi-purpose optic?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Damage View Post
    I going to assume your mean 1-10 x 24 , 1-10x42 is a physics impossibility unless the eye lenses is in the 45 range with a tube in the 38 range. An objective that large the closest you could get would be 1.7-2 with a reasonable eye lenses and tube diameter.
    38 mm tube? That would be a serious piece of glass! And I can only imagine the optical chain that happens inside of it.
    At a certain point, it's going to be easier, cheaper, and lighter to put cameras in the tube that use electronics to zoom in.

Sent from 80ms in the future
    Much peace
    Jimmy

Feedback Score
    I have Leupold VX-R Patrol 1.25-4x on a SCAR 17s. It's a really nice optic, but Im currently trying to sell it to fund a 2.5-10x Viper PST. Shots at 300 yards are easy for the Leupold, but I want a bit more for the 4-500 yard shots. I wish I would have bought the 2.5-10x from the get go.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Have multiple S&B's above 1-8X. The S&B 1-8X is what the APC wears. The bastard child MWS will go from a S&B 3-12X50 to a S&B 1-8X as soon as it arrives. I have excellent eyesight so a 1-8X may get me out farther than it may for others.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    been really interested in the, Minox ZP8 TAC 1-8x24 MR10+

Wish I could give it a look.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    The CQBSS is where it is for me. The dot isn't the brightest, but it is enough for my needs from a heavy carbine. Where it kills is that the glass is great and you can get great reticles for it. Leupold really has done a pretty good job in this department. The H27D is a solid option, really all the reticles you can get the newer military Leupold scopes are pretty solid based on preferences. For me when a milradian based grid is an option it is a no brainier.

I actually ordered this scope this morning and it will fit the bill for my heavy carbine needs for the foreseeable future.

I used a Horus Blackbird for a number of years on an SR25 and then a MK17. It currently finds use on other 762 and 556 guns. That scope looks worse for the wear but still trucks along. While the durability has exceeded my expectations it is not as tough as Leupold offerings. For the budget conscious shopper, the Internet still yields them for sale. The Blackbird 2 (if you find the SFP dot good enough, which I do) may negate the need for offset short range sights which are all but required for the Blackbird. The Blackbird family of scopes were really ahead of their time and should never have been discontinued, but they never asked me.

Other glass to consider might include USO 1.5-6 and1-8, and the Bushnell 1-6.5 and 1-8. Lots of other good glass already mentioned.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12