Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EOTech Help!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

EOTech Help!

Has anyone here had a 'dead zone' in their eotech? I'm using the 512 and right in the middle of the glass the reticle gets washed out. It is very bright however around the edges and towards the bottom of the sight.

Is this a known issue? I searched the forums here before posting and didn't find anyone with my issue.

Thanks in advance!

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Use the Search function and one will find loads of information about eotechs and their long history of issues.
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Have you contacted the company and asked them?
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yes I'm working on getting an rma sorry about the search thing I really did try to find this before I posted it. So should I reconsider my eotech life style? It's the only optic I have ever known I would like to try an aimpoint t2 but I'm afraid the field of view would be tiny and then I'm out a million dollars.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Mine did the same thing except at the bottom of the sight glass. It was 2 months out of warranty but Eotech fixed it for free anyway. Turnaround time was about 2 weeks. I just got it back about a week ago.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    You really should just search "eotech" and read on. There are tons of posts about user experiences and preferences.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Will do. Sorry for the unnecessary post

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    First I have heard of the issue. Usually issues are related to the power source. I wonder if the lens is delaminated slightly in the places which you guys have had the reticle disappear.

I wouldn't sweat it; just send to EOTech and get them to fix it. I am waiting for all the cheap N-cell models and XPS versions to show up on the EE for pennies on the dollar from the latest bad press L3 has gotten. I will buy them up because I am still happy with their performance overall.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkrisp View Post
    Is this a known issue?
    Yes. HELL yes.

The bad press mentioned = Safety of Use Messages published by the .mil program that buys the things....

BLUF: September-published message is specifically in reference to issues with zero drift due to thermal changes, and reiterates the issues specified in the March message, fading reticle and the presence of 4-6MOA parallax error.

http://soldiersystems.net/2015/09/30...s-plus-goings/

Contacting the manufacturer remains best-practice. If anything, the above is GOOD news, because they'll be less likely to deny the presence of an issue as they have in the past, and more likely to actually fix or replace it with a minimum of hassle on your end.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Shipped it out today to L3. Thanks everyone for the help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast