Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Input on a new 9mm

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    My first M&P9 broke something, too ... its slide! There was a machining process that created too sharp an angle along the slide rail on the first slide or two that went through on a new cutter. .
    Todd,

Was that on the gun that you were putting through the 50k round test?
    "Think you used enough dynamite there Butch?"

ToddG Guest
    Hersh -- No, it happened to my first M&P9. In fact, the broken slide is what got me a sit-down with some higher powers at Smith during SHOT. It was during that meeting that we worked out the 50k test. So it was the most fortuitous major component failure of my career.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Hersh -- No, it happened to my first M&P9. In fact, the broken slide is what got me a sit-down with some higher powers at Smith during SHOT. It was during that meeting that we worked out the 50k test. So it was the most fortuitous major component failure of my career.
    Todd,

Yeah, you came out of that smellin' like a rose! I'm planning a trip to the range to check out a rental this weekend. Btw, is Smith still offering a model without the mag disconnect? The last time I checked their site there was a sku setup that way. There may be some valid reasons for them, but I'd prefer to not have one.
    "Think you used enough dynamite there Butch?"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I had a glock 30 I carried for 5 years great weapon ,But.I ended up getting a XD-45 to me it fits better in my hand than the Glock.I only have a low round count right now on it, unlike my glock I shot all the time.But I have been real happy with my XD.I have No range time with a M&P so I can not say on that.But if you can shoot the XD and see if you are like the rest of us XD lovers. it just fits me.But any of the weapons you have listed would be a good choice.Good luck with the Hunt.But do shoot a XD you might get a warm fuzzy feeling like I did

NRA Member

ToddG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hersh View Post
    Btw, is Smith still offering a model without the mag disconnect?
    To the best of my knowledge, every model M&P is available without the mag disconnect.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123