Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    Check out the Liberty revolution 12.

http://youtu.be/FXcbbSFhhFo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm not sure where to ask this:
    Scenario: no kids... Single structure home...we're thinking of moving broken down AR out of the safe, assembled and unloaded-but-ready....stored inside the tub casing....

Start a separate thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    If you are in a fight, and something impedes your ability to adequately project force, correct that problem or remove yourself from the fight.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    JMO, but for a quick-access safe where the intention is to keep a secured firearm handy, I like the Illinois or simplex style locks. They are simple, quick, and reliable. They can be manipulated under stress and in the dark. They are not truly high security as far as keeping out a determined thief with time on his hands, but that's not really the point of a quick-access safe, and they should be more than adequate for keeping out unauthorized hands such as children, the housekeeper etc. Personally, I would not trust a biometric or any other electronic lock for a weapon I need to access quickly if/when my life was on the line.

The quick access safes I own and about the best on the market as far as I know are:

For something large enough for a long gun, I have and like this v-line: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...rch_detailpage

For a handgun, I like FAS safes. I currently have two, one for my bedroom and one for my office. http://www.fas1safe.com/

The FAS is by far the most solidly built, highest quality quick-access safe I have ever examined personally or that I am aware of on the market as of today. It makes gun-vaults and similar products look like garbage in comparison. I wish they made one large enough for a long gun (though it would be pretty heavy if they used the same construction quality as the handgun safes). As it is, the v-line is not as well built as the FAS but is good enough for my needs, and as good as anything I am aware of on the market based on my needs. Both have the same simplex style lock, and I have all three programmed with the same combination.
    Last edited by lebowski; 11-19-15 at 09:03.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    +1 on Pro Vault by Liberty from Cabelas. Great price and light enough to move up stairs. The 12-gun case is fairly small and can also store your other valuables.

Feedback Score
    This is a serious topic that demands lots of research. From suspect fire ratings to placement in your house it all matters. Big time.

For instance. My main safe is bolted down on the first floor all the way on the farthest corner at the end of the wall that is an outside wall. That will be the coolest part of the fire if your house goes up.

Look at fire temps from 0-8(maybe 10) inches off the ground. Completely survivable. Once you go 15+ inches WATCH OUT! I now keep important documents, NV, thermal and other stuff like that on the floor of the safe.

I could sit here for hours. My advice is to research.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123