Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone found a DD5V1 yet?

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HD1911 View Post
    LGS has em... $2,500.

Not a fan, off of First Impression in the store, atleast.

I don't want Keymod on my .308 Battle Rifle, sorry. Wasn't a Fan of the Charging Handle. Also, not near as Lightweight Feeling as a SCAR 17... I know that's apples to oranges, but just throwing that out there. However, it did not feel like a pig like the LMT MWS does.
    I hear ya. I'm a keymod fan and the store I purchased from had a Scar 17 for $2900. I'd probably rather have a 17 but I'd have to add another $700 to make it what I'd want. All I have to add to this is a muzzle device. Had everything else left over from my ARs. Not to mention magazine prices.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    LGS has em... $2,500.

Not a fan, off of First Impression in the store, atleast.

I don't want Keymod on my .308 Battle Rifle, sorry. Wasn't a Fan of the Charging Handle. Also, not near as Lightweight Feeling as a SCAR 17... I know that's apples to oranges, but just throwing that out there. However, it did not feel like a pig like the LMT MWS does.
    I hear ya. I'm a keymod fan and the store I purchased from had a Scar 17 for $2900. I'd probably rather have a 17 but I'd have to add another $700 to make it what I'd want. All I have to add to this is a muzzle device. Had everything else left over from my ARs. Not to mention magazine prices.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scoob View Post
    Very good points. That's exactly why I haven't bought a SCAR17 yet, it'll cost me over $3,500 just to get her the way I want for rifle only.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'd probably rather have a 17 but I'd have to add another $700 to make it what I'd want. All I have to add to this is a muzzle device. Had everything else left over from my ARs. Not to mention magazine prices.
    Lol, I read this a lot on this site. The SCAR 17 as it comes NIB is more rifle then 99.9% of folks posting on this forum will ever need. If your personal desires drive you to spend an additional $700, then that's on you. The SCAR doesn't need any of that to be viable.

As a 7.62 rifle fan, I eagerly await the opportunity to 'quire one of these DDs. Don't care about key-mod, M-lock, M1913, or whatever. They all work.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Very good points. That's exactly why I haven't bought a SCAR17 yet, it'll cost me over $3,500 just to get her the way I want for rifle only.
    If that's what it'll cost you to get it "the way you want", then you're best off just bellying up and doing it. No amount of money will turn a 762 AR into a SCAR.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPB View Post
    If that's what it'll cost you to get it "the way you want", then you're best off just bellying up and doing it. No amount of money will turn a 762 AR into a SCAR.
    Look. Make no mistake, I've owned a SCAR 16 and it was great. I wanted a rifle that's lightweight, feels good, has a good trigger, and shoots .308 and 7.62x51 when I pull the trigger. I don't care if it's piston or gas as long as it works for me. I don't want to hear "pony up and buy it". I did that with my 16. The DD meets all the needs I wanted for a 308 rifle in a package that came as is. The scar doesn't feel good to me and has a trigger that leaves more to be desired. So I apologize for saving $1000 by choosing the way I did. This rifle kicks ass as of yet. I can't speak on accuracy yet as it still needs some glass on top to do it justice.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Sorry for mentioning the SCAR and drifting your thread.

So apart from the Crappy Furniture & Compensator it comes with, anything need replaced right away? I guess I didn't even check out the trigger... is it a Geissele or just a Milspec or what?

I agree with the poster about the M-LOK comment... that would really push me closer to considering this, once I've shot one.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Sorry for mentioning the SCAR and drifting your thread.

So apart from the Crappy Furniture & Compensator it comes with, anything need replaced right away? I guess I didn't even check out the trigger... is it a Geissele or just a Milspec or what?

I agree with the poster about the M-LOK comment... that would really push me closer to considering this, once I've shot one.
    Yes it comes with a Geissele 2 stage. Only things worth swapping are the furniture and compensator. For $2500 it's a great deal for sure.... as of now. I'll update when I get some good accuracy testing in.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Look. Make no mistake, I've owned a SCAR 16 and it was great. I wanted a rifle that's lightweight, feels good, has a good trigger, and shoots .308 and 7.62x51 when I pull the trigger. I don't care if it's piston or gas as long as it works for me. I don't want to hear "pony up and buy it". I did that with my 16. The DD meets all the needs I wanted for a 308 rifle in a package that came as is. The scar doesn't feel good to me and has a trigger that leaves more to be desired. So I apologize for saving $1000 by choosing the way I did. This rifle kicks ass as of yet. I can't speak on accuracy yet as it still needs some glass on top to do it justice.
    Lol, carry on brother, I'm sure it'll be an awesome rig. But your previous post stated that you'd "probably rather have a 17". And then you went on to talk about the $700 you'd have to put into it to make "right". It's "right" as is comes out of the box. You want to customize with your $700, so be it, but that's your issue, not the gun's. How many ARs get left stock?

I grew up in the '80s. I'm used to adapting to the gun, not the other way around. Old fashioned I guess.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Yes it comes with a Geissele 2 stage. Only things worth swapping are the furniture and compensator. For $2500 it's a great deal for sure.... as of now. I'll update when I get some good accuracy testing in.
    Sweet. Can't wait to see the reports of Precision.

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast