Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Grand Power Stribog S9

Feedback Score
    Today I fired 100rds of Winchester 124gr FMJ NATO through the Stribog using the 20rd factory magazines. It ran 100% dumping the spent cases in to a nice small area at about my 3:00. The backup sights were spot on. I honestly don't understand why this gun does not get more attention. According to my take on the sec922(r) parts count thing, it has only 13 of the listed parts. If there is a way to get the factory folding stock, this should be easy to SBR with the replacement of only three US parts. Now I need to figure out what optic to put on it and see how my 9mm suppressor likes it.

Feedback Score
    Really happy with mine so far! Got is two weeks ago and ran 200 rounds through it so far, it’s been accurate, and no malfunctions.
    My buddy ran another 200 through it this week and is placing an order for one!

Feedback Score
    I emailed Eagle Imports about purchasing a factory buttstock. They replied that they don't have plans to offer them and suggested that I use their adapter to install an AR15 gas tube. I replied that I want to make an actual SBR, don't want to use the AR15 tube, suggested that they start importing the buttstocks & selling sec922(r) compliance parts, and asked for contact information for someone in Europe who sells the buttstocks. I didn't hear back from them.

Feedback Score
    Update: Global Ordnance is now importing Grand Power firearms. I called Global today and was told that they will be offering a conversion kit to convert previously imported Stribogs to the new non-reciprocating charging handle configuration. The guy I spoke with also told me that they had some factory buttstocks available, sold them, but will be getting more in.
    Last edited by Bret; 06-03-19 at 22:09.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Update: Global Imports is not importing Grand Power firearms. I called Global today and was told that they will be offering a conversion kit to convert previously imported Stribogs to the new non-reciprocating charging handle configuration. The guy I spoke with also told me that they had some factory buttstocks available, sold them, but will be getting more in.
    Is it supported like an HK MP5?
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 05-18-19 at 01:43.

Feedback Score
    Since Grand Power just changed importers, has not been around for near as long as H&K and there's basically no custom aftermarket for it, I'd say no. That said, new MP5's are not offered for sale. If you have $30k+ for a full auto, the Stribog isn't an option. If you're wanting a semi, then the less supported Stribog will compete with the H&K SP5K for 1/4 the price and the Zenith Z-5RS for 1/3 the price. It's just as reliable, is more compact and weighs significantly less than either.

Feedback Score
    Since Grand Power just changed importers, has not been around for near as long as H&K and there's basically no custom aftermarket for it, I'd say no. That said, new MP5's are not offered for sale. If you have $30k+ for a full auto, the Stribog isn't an option. If you're wanting a semi, then the less supported Stribog will compete with the H&K SP5K for 1/4 the price and the Zenith Z-5RS for 1/3 the price. It's just as reliable, is more compact and weighs significantly less than either.

So basically it's a hard pass since it has near zero support. A firearm isn't competitive if you can't get spare parts. The SP5K has parts available from dozens of vendors.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 06-02-19 at 10:58.

Feedback Score
    Don't buy it if you have to have factory support and multiple aftermarket options. I've purchased quite a few guns that don't and have not regretted a purchase yet.

Feedback Score
    Don't buy it if you have to have factory support and multiple aftermarket options. I've purchased quite a few guns that don't and have not regretted a purchase yet.
    Perhaps encourage them to offer replacement extractors, firing pins, and springs.

This will keep them running for a while.

M

Feedback Score
    For anyone who might be interested, Global Ordnance now has buttstocks for the Stribog in stock. One is side folding and the other is telescoping.
    https://globalordnance.com/stribog-p...8588005944106/
    https://globalordnance.com/grand-pow...ic-wire-stock/

I ordered the folding style and it arrived in two days. Now to file the SBR paperwork.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast